Did any early umax machines have a 10 turn G.B. ?

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am researching the ideal to changing my 3 & 3/4 turn ground balance on my Tejon. I mean it aint rocket science and i know how to soldier electronic parts but i need to find and old ( and small ) 10 turn pod to switch. I have an original Bandido and will take it apart to see the size of the pod. I am certain this mod will make for a better more stable tejon.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds interesting, I may be wrong, but I don't ever remember seeing reference to a 10 turn GB on any Umax literature and I've been a Tesoro fan since about the time the Umax series came out. Possibly an electronics supply firm may be able to match what you need.
luvsdux

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do a search... There is info on how to do it on line... It gives the part number to order and it is available on EBay... The pot is larger and you must swap location with the threshold pot and drill out one of the holes a little more...
I can see it would allow for a more accurate balance but because I run a little negative anyway I can't see how it would benefit me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread