did i buy a lemon

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
...Still a good detector......Hope you did not pay the 1266X Price??...If the seller misrepresented the detector ....I would ask for my money back!!.....JT

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe(TX) said:
...Still a good detector......Hope you did not pay the 1266X Price??...If the seller misrepresented the detector ....I would ask for my money back!!.....JT
no just said wasnt sure of model so i looked at face panel and it looked like a 1266 until i looked close I paid $155 for it

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
That's circa early to mid 1980s. Sort of a dinasour, depth-wise, compared to what's out there today. But for the price you paid, it's about right. Will still work when targets are prolific. But sure, if you're in a hard-hit site, where power-house machines have worked it hard already, then no, you're not going to trump them with this machine.

The 1266 has it's drawbacks too anyhow. Even thought it's infinately deeper-seeking, it's fails in mineralized ground. And the disc. is all but worthless after the first 5 or 6" (esp. in any ground that isn't white clean sand anyhow). So the 1260 is still ok, when compared to the 1266, for some hunt sites and purposes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions