Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a strange one today.
There's a creek next to my house with street parking that runs along the side . No sidewalk , just a dirt strip around 10 feet wide with a big bolder every ten feet , for about a block long.
The creek is about 10 feet below street level. I've detected the area a couple times and found a few bucks in clad.

Yesterday the city came in and cut all the heavy brush away , revealing a small flat spot a couple feet from the top. Got a few hits.Found .67 cents on the flat area . Started doing the bank on my way back up to street level when BAM ! Damn near blew my headphones off ! I kicked the dirt away and saw pointy things in a circle. Great , a bike sprocket i thought. So i grabbed it and gave it a yank and this is what came out ! p1.jpg p2.jpg
I believe its the Goddess Vishnu. Doesn't look like Buddha. Its about 12in tall , all brass.
Strangely enough last week i found Jesus ! p3.jpg

Upvote 16

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
decisions, decisions......

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
could be arwapindi

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That’s really cool! Never saw one of those come out of the ground before. Well done, congrats and HH

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
shiva (the destroyer god) as the lord of dance... odd that a crucifix was also found

Last edited:

DonnaJ

Tenderfoot
Aug 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a creek next to my house with street parking that runs along the side . No sidewalk , just a dirt strip around 10 feet wide with a big bolder every ten feet , for about a block long.
The creek is about 10 feet below street level. I've detected the area a couple times and found a few bucks in clad.

Yesterday the city came in and cut all the heavy brush away , revealing a small flat spot a couple feet from the top. Got a few hits.Found .67 cents on the flat area . Started doing the bank on my way back up to street level when BAM ! Damn near blew my headphones off ! I kicked the dirt away and saw pointy things in a circle. Great , a bike sprocket i thought. So i grabbed it and gave it a yank and this is what came out ! View attachment 1517528 View attachment 1517529
I believe its the Goddess Vishnu. Doesn't look like Buddha. Its about 12in tall , all brass.
Strangely enough last week i found Jesus ! View attachment 1517533
Hello Bob! I found you on Tony Eisenhower’s YouTube channel. I also found some thing similar but not the same. Mine was on a river bank in Schenectady New York. Buried in the bank and blew my ears off as well! I think mine is Shiva. I also found almost $40 worth of quarters in a 20 ft area of the Riverbank and a little bit into the water. When it warms up here in New York I’m going deeper into the water to get more quarters. It certainly is fun!
Donna. Aka Metal Detecting New York With Swinging Donna

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021

Yesterday the city came in and cut all the heavy brush away , revealing a small flat spot a couple feet from the top. Got a few hits.Found .67 cents on the flat area . Started doing the bank on my way back up to street level when BAM ! Damn near blew my headphones off ! I kicked the dirt away and saw pointy things in a circle. Great , a bike sprocket i thought. So i grabbed it and gave it a yank and this is what came out ! View attachment 1517528 View attachment 1517529
Congrats Bob

It a nice finding, 👍🏽😎

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find thanks for sharing

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

got to expand a wing in your relic room there are a few more choices out there....lol, awesome find

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Bob! I found you on Tony Eisenhower’s YouTube channel. I also found some thing similar but not the same. Mine was on a river bank in Schenectady New York. Buried in the bank and blew my ears off as well! I think mine is Shiva. I also found almost $40 worth of quarters in a 20 ft area of the Riverbank and a little bit into the water. When it warms up here in New York I’m going deeper into the water to get more quarters. It certainly is fun!
Donna. Aka Metal Detecting New York With Swinging Donna
I did good on Plattsburg's little public city beach for gold, don't know if thats close to you but worthy of a beeping

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat find! Hopefully it wasn't purposely tossed away, because of the bad juju it brought to its previous owner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread