YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any new detector, especially one that's rather technical, will be frustrating at first. I've had a lot of detectors, and nearly every one at some time I thought was a mistake. You have to give yourself time to learn the controls, go out and find a lot of trash digging all signals, and most importantly learn it's "language".

hill_billiez

Sep 16, 2012
SW PA
Detector(s) used
AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566609886.015453.jpg
This is what a junk/garbage signal could look like.

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I shudder to think what would have happened if you bit your thumb at him! I think you got a great detector that will take a little time to figure out. If you want I'll trade you my ATMax it's user friendly and a little cheaper. Good deal here!!! Best of luck. Like everyone says the more targets you dig the better you will come to understand it all.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charge it, pick a setting and ready! Set! Go play! Only one way to learn it, and that's by doing it. As they down home, keep it simple, dig it all for awhile.

amekassa78

Aug 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use either one of the park or field programs. Go sssllloooowwww and dig everything that reads "7" or higher. Generally speaking, the higher the number, the more conductive the target, and the better chance it is of something good. Gold hides. It can show up almost anywhere on the meter. I don't think the Equinox series has a huge tonal variation in the headphones, so you'll need the pinpointer to locate some stuff.

It's not really a difficult machine, unless you decide to tweak the settings the first month or so!

Let us know what you get.

"And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read the manual, and find a sandy beach or playground to learn your machine. Usually you can always find some coins but you can also bring some coins and metal pieces with to practice finding, pinpointing and digging targets. It’s just a whole lot easier digging in the sand than dirt while you are still figuring out where and how deep to dig. You want to bring your manual with as well because you always have questions once you start using it.

Once you have an hour hour or so in you will feel more confident heading to the farm.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oosh... Tou·ché, unhappy man... It's in accounting... And I was a paramedic for about 7 years in Atlanta while working my way through school. My sympathies for whatever you are compensating for on an Internet forum. I do not bite my thumb at thee for that reason..
Kind of an overreaction. The advice offered was solid. I would have interpreted the remainder as friendly jabbing.
A bit of a joke if you will. Certainly didn't warrant smacking the guy with that Shakespearian thumb biting business. ;)

Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started of with a $50 Bounty Hunter 4 years ago and I dug everything. 4 detectors later I have the 800 and sometimes feel like I’m dig almost every lol

Keep swinging and keep digging it’s no mistake you got the bug, now what till you find you first wheat, silver, button, gold you’ll never look back.

Put it in yard 2 or field 2 and just go. The 800 is a good out the box for the green pea growing to be a modern treasure hunt.

Detecting has changed my life. Ask my friends they think I lost my mind. Lol

amekassa78

Aug 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started of with a $50 Bounty Hunter 4 years ago and I dug everything. 4 detectors later I have the 800 and sometimes feel like I’m dig almost every lol

Keep swinging and keep digging it’s no mistake you got the bug, now what till you find you first wheat, silver, button, gold you’ll never look back.

Put it in yard 2 or field 2 and just go. The 800 is a good out the box for the green pea growing to be a modern treasure hunt.

Detecting has changed my life. Ask my friends they think Imy ip birthday wishes tneb lost my mind. Lol

The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read it twice and have no idea what your comment means sorry

I think they are saying metal detectors are "novelties of enslavement" and will be the downfall of our great Republic?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread