desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not that I have ever heard of or read about. I don't say it is not possible, but I suppose it kind of goes against their religious teachings.

I believe that they hid their wealth so well that there is no need.

Also maybe they thought that The Lord Will Provide. Who knows?

Best-Mike

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hi DM, The KGC sure did for a fact, it was not at the cache site but it was close and had bait and deadly, for instance looking looking under a large boulder you see what looks like a entrance to a tunnel and all you have to do is make the entrance under the boulder a bit larger to look, that's when you need to be fast, quick and in a hurry. Never go under a rock period. I think that the trap will be close but not at the cache site I've never seen anything at a Spanish/ Jesuit site, I agree they were so well hidden so therefore was not needed

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Dm,
I believe that the Jesuits absolutely did make death traps...!
I do however agree with Dsty that the caches were well hidden, my opinion is that the caches of the Kings Quint might not be trapped, as the could not afford to have one of the Kings recovery crew killed, I do beleive that the actually gold mine itself was certainly death trapped!...
As far as it being against their nature..well
have you ever heard of the Spanish Inquisition?? Whom do you think ran the show? for centuries of mayhem, torture slavery and cruelty/
yea I know..lots of facts fade into legend, then over the centuries, with spin and propaganda it is totally forgotten or thought unlikely.....

"While the Society of Jesus was the chief new instrument of the Catholic Reformation, an old instrument of the church was also employed—the Inquisition. This special ecclesiastical court in its papal form had been started in the thirteenth century to put down the Albigensian heresy, and in its Spanish form in the fifteenth century to bolster the efforts of the new Spanish monarchy to force religious uniformity on its subjects. Both papal and Spanish inquisitions were medieval courts that used medieval methods of torture, and both were employed against the Protestants in the sixteenth century." http://bigsiteofhistory.com/the-jesuits-and-the-inquisition-1540-1556-the-protestant-reformation
~~~
As with the Inquisition, the actually torture was preform by the Secular Jesuits, ie, one of the brothers that did not take the vows of the Priesthood, there were many many secular Jesuits in the New World, they were the mining engineers, cartographers ect..so the devious death traps were likely constructed by the Secular Brothers.
sometimes rediscovering the truth can set[your thinking] free.....
rangler

Matthew 7:3. The zeal of persecutors, and often of pretended reformers, may be far from proof that they are free from the very offences which they are condemning in others.

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello Desert Moons,

To underestimate a Jesuit would be a fatal mistake!
Always consider anything the Jesuits hid underground as trapped.

If you should be considering opening / recovering from a Spanish or Jesuit mine or cache site
Take the time to read Charles Kenworthy's book: Death Traps to Treasure

If applied with common sense it might save your life.

Barton

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
The thing about these alleged traps is that, once triggered, the victim's buddies, or the next bunch to find the site then has the advantage of 1) a confirmed dig target (dead body - quite a big clue, no?), and 2) a disabled trap. The traps could only work once - not a smart idea. I generally agree with Mike - a well-hidden cache is secure by its very nature.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
The ones that I've had experience with the trap seems to be within not at the site itself and no they did not disarm them when they retrieved the cache, very deadly and usually set for one or two person's, one was a opening under a large boulder ( didn't even bother my gout going down the hill, old men are fast too ) the other was a boulder in a shaft that you had to trigger, It was already tripped when I found it Both were KGC.

OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Thanks user. I am never quite sure of anything..so glad there was some confirmation. Dsty, that fits one place I have seen that I think is kgc. In that they are at the site but perhaps not the final destination (lest one makes it their final destination...) I will never know for I pass that stuff by.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread