Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the more recently released ones have been ok.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never had a problem with mine. Haven't heard of the issue from any of my detecting buddies that have Noxes, either.

OP
OP
nagant

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info! I wasn't about to send it back last year until i heard more on the replacement and the shaft i made was fairly cheap. Been stated before many times but the stock shaft had sloppy fit between the sections, i put some shims in that helped but i knew it was a temporary fix. My coil ears are fine and i don't crank the cross bolt down, only have about 80-100 hours on it and about half of those wading in fresh water. No great finds but never had a skunk either. Great Machine that revived old sites and can hit the water too, love it!

RayinAlaska

Oct 23, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Sovereign
Equinox
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought mine late last year, and so far there is no wobble.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Very slight wobble in the 800 (initial release) but zero wobble in the newer 600 that I purchased.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had my 800 since early February. I've used it a lot and it doesn't wobble at all. It appears that Minelab has solved the problem.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok.. I rechecked the 800 and there was a definite wobble until I tightened my coil nut. Zero wobble after that.

Yeah, I have had that happen, but I can only blame that on me, not on the Equinox. I assume that isn't what some people are experiencing. At least, I hope not.

wallrat_1975

Jul 19, 2018
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 1000 (800 + Steve's Carbon Goodies!),
Teknetics T2 SE LTD,
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Garret Carrot,
Tek-Point, 2 x Teknetics TLD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I never had the wobble, but I bought Steve's setup anyway, super quality, especially the counterweight for the 11, and especially the 15'. I went with the smaller counter-weight and am super happy. I'm going to sew some small pouches to replace the ziplock bags for the weights. So far, I love it. Top quality for sure. I just wish I knew colors were going to be available but nbd, I have the entire setup including shafts for all 3 coils. I couldn't be happier. My one "gripe", and it's a *minor* gripe, is that I wish the lower shaft had some demarcations so it would be easier to setup out of the trunk. For now, I use a silver fine tip sharpie, but having 1/4" demarcations on the lower would be awesome. Now, to get together with him to do the same for the T2 / F75!

rjeffw

Mar 27, 2017
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is solid. I was at the beach all week, and I was plowing though sand piles and never had an issue.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread