cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best thing I got is some carded U.S. coins.
$(KGrHqF,!g0E45)!CHwDBOZV-Qh0dQ~~60_12.JPG

This is like the card I bought for $20. Always ask if they have coins. This owner completly forgot he even had any till I asked. Ebay has these listed for $150-175 but this sold for $99

I also bought a turn of the century photo of a guy in a straight jacket. The lady offered it for $1 and commented "it's not Harry Houdini" I got home and found out it is Harry but I could not find that particular photo. Might be rare ?? = $$ ;D

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cyberdan said:
Ebay has these listed for $150-175 but this sold for $99
The guy that sold this for $99 lost money. I just calculated the value of the silver coins @ $84.97 and that does not count the older one cent and five cent coins. Plus $1.90 in clad. Now add ebay double fees with paypal and he lost big. >:(

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great find for $20. There's a couple that sold this week in the mid 80 dollar range. They'd of probably done better (or just as well anyway) by selling the silver buy itself without the frame and keeping the other coins. I bought a bunch of silver coins last week that were all "carded" but they were the smaller cards encased in plastic with various themes, I busted them all out and chucked 'em in the garbage. Those things are worthless as far as i'm concerned. The only one I did keep together was the complete war nickel set because I noticed some of those were selling for more than melt, whenever I do decide to sell.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cyberdan said:

Dan,

One place I've found gold is in the plastic baggies with a combination of "random and assorted junk jewelry" or stray odds-&-ends left on the table or down in the seller's cardboard box.

There have been three times in the last six months where I've picked up a single hoop earring and on the underneath side of the wire, there's a Kt. mark. One was 10kt and the other two are 14kt. Total weight is about 3.5 grams, but the cost have been either $2 for the baggie or under 50-cents for the other two.

Also in that baggie was this lapel pin that's not gold. It was given for donations to a county's "War Chest" fundraising around WWI.

Sometimes "Strays" make the best pets and nice profits..

Bill

Attachments

• P1020684.JPG
    P1020684.JPG
    513.8 KB · Views: 410

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread