Did Teddy Roosevelt lose his ring?

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If so, I found it:

Sagamore Hill's a good 25 miles away from me, but I like to dream big. Maybe one of the greatest Presidents who ever lived rode out on his horse to play center field at the elementary school where I found it. It slipped off as he was taking his glove off, to come in to bat in the 3rd inning.

IMG_5930.jpg

Anyway, the hallmark is a 'G' with an arrow through it. Anyone know hallmarks? This image I found below says the arrow is 1932, and the 'G' is 1942. So I'm splitting the difference and calling it 1937.

hallmark.jpg hallmarks2.JPG

Yikes! That hallmark from 1928? Not so cool!

So yeah, in 1937 Teddy Roosevelt time traveled 18 or more years *after* his death in order to lose his ring and make my Sunday. Gotta love Teddy. The man's a legend.

GL HH everyone, and yes, I'm in a weird mood.

Upvote 21

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to tell you this, but it isn't Teddy Roosevelt who traveled forward in time to lose that ring. It was Teddy Ruxpin who traveled BACK in time to lose it. This makes it even more rare! (In all seriousness, though, sweet ring!)

Teddy Ruxpin.jpg

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
nice finds

OP
OP
Shakakka

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to tell you this, but it isn't Teddy Roosevelt who traveled forward in time to lose that ring. It was Teddy Ruxpin who traveled BACK in time to lose it. This makes it even more rare! (In all seriousness, though, sweet ring!)

View attachment 1648947

Teddy Ruxpin doesn't even have fingers! Then again, he doesn't have a voicebox but he still talks. So maybe you're right. Either way, I like the way you think!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find ya never know lol

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found on the net that your sterling mark (G with and arrow through it) is for R.L. Griffith of Providence RI. and that mark was used from 1879 to the early 1980s. Based on the style of the ring, I would probably date it around 1910 to 1920. Others may have a different opinion.

OP
OP
Shakakka

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found on the net that your sterling mark (G with and arrow through it) is for R.L. Griffith of Providence RI. and that mark was used from 1879 to the early 1980s. Based on the style of the ring, I would probably date it around 1910 to 1920. Others may have a different opinion.

Very awesome info! Thank you jewelerguy!

Butler

Feb 19, 2009
Northern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; X-1 Probe; Brain!
The initials are short for TR-easurenet of course! Nice ring and little silver never hurt any hunt! Congrats

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
If so, I found it:

Sagamore Hill's a good 25 miles away from me, but I like to dream big. Maybe one of the greatest Presidents who ever lived rode out on his horse to play center field at the elementary school where I found it. It slipped off as he was taking his glove off, to come in to bat in the 3rd inning.

View attachment 1648936

Anyway, the hallmark is a 'G' with an arrow through it. Anyone know hallmarks? This image I found below says the arrow is 1932, and the 'G' is 1942. So I'm splitting the difference and calling it 1937.

View attachment 1648937 View attachment 1648938

Yikes! That hallmark from 1928? Not so cool!

So yeah, in 1937 Teddy Roosevelt time traveled 18 or more years *after* his death in order to lose his ring and make my Sunday. Gotta love Teddy. The man's a legend.

GL HH everyone, and yes, I'm in a weird mood.

Very Nice Find!

I Thought you might want to see TR's signet ring that he always wore. TR V has it. The back side of the band was cut, like to get it off his finger, possibly after his death.

Kace

IMG_3204.PNG

OP
OP
Shakakka

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice Find!

I Thought you might want to see TR's signet ring that he always wore. TR V has it. The back side of the band was cut, like to get it off his finger, possibly after his death.

Kace

View attachment 1648989

Wow, VERY cool! I must have the silver one he wore on weekends. :tongue3: So cool to know Teddy loved his signet rings.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teddy Ruxpin doesn't even have fingers! Then again, he doesn't have a voicebox but he still talks. So maybe you're right. Either way, I like the way you think!
It's because Teddy Ruxpin doesn't have fingers is why the ring fell off!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread