Did u guys ever fing a cache big or small?

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Hi I'm Sam I'm 15 and when I was 10' by the old well I was playing I tripped over a rock and I pulled it out of the ground and I found 1800's coins with broken glass. Ever sense then I'd never found anything but my old fireplace looks suspicious with an 1920's mantle around it would they use an old vent as a hidden hold or a false area ????? Thanks everyone if u ever found a cache around the fireplace tell me where and how

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum. I too am 15. It's good to see other young members

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the way you're thinking Sam ! I too started looking at the world that way when I was 8 or 10 (thinking about hidden treasures )
can you tell us more about the 1800's coins you found ? what kind of coins ? How many ? Happy hunting !

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I never found a cache, yet. I found 3 different coin spills or a small cache in the same piece of woods that was almost 2 dollars per spill in pre 1950's coins, one had a nice 1943 Walker Half in it. It was a thrill. I have heard of people hiding money in lose bricks on fireplaces, not sure if its a myth or not.

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
1908 quarter eagle 1853 gold dollar 1857 gold dollar rest are silver and pennies total was a 4 g find

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not me but some friends did....although, the land owner knew the caches, yes plural, were on the property, he didn't know where they were so they called in Metal Detecting Stuff in Spring, Tx to help find them before he sold the property....

PART 1

PART 2

Last edited:

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hawk cool vids can you imagine finding that? I also watched the explanation vid for this. Very cool indeed.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to TN guy.... Great find at such an early age. Going to be hard to top that at such an early age!!!!! I'd bet YES that some of us have found a stash of old coins but it's rare indeed. And even rarer to find on your own property. Kind of hard (or leads to problems) to announce to the world without opening up a can of worms. I'd bet it's even harder to sell the entire horde whole also. Best of luck to you on your next great find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread