DID you See this???

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
There was a woman here in Tampa Fla. that was living in such absolute poverty, she was living on food stamps, collected aluminum cans for money and lived without electricity! When she died her house was in such bad shape that it was condemned and demolished. While they were tearing down the house they found just a hair shy of one million dollars cash hidden in the walls! I'm still looking for the article about that one to post! 8) omnicognic

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I've got one here from our local paper that tells about a theft of over $500,000 in silver and gold that an old boy had hidden in his house. After he died, they were moved to a storage unit because a carpenter found some of them. A year later, his widow and accountant found the lock had been torched off and coins missing. Turned out that a hired hand that helped move them had stolen a part of the collection. The Sheriff Dept. found them in the guys home still in money sacks, bags, and coffee cans everywhere. It took two truck loads to move them to a safe undisclosed location. Now th story didn't occur locally, just a small town here in Oklahoma. Just a reminder that stashing and caching are still occuring today.

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
It was here in taxachusettes. Three guys were digging up a tree and found a cache of bills from 1899-1929 all in tin cans in a wooden trunk. Est. worth 50-100 K. todays paper already has them fighting over how it will be split up. I doesn't pay to advertise!! before this is over someone will be making a claim to it! Previous owner, insurance co. , bank some one mark my words.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread