Didnt dig a buckle today.

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Didn't dig a buckle today.

Today I went back to where I dug the US buckle yesterday and fought the thorns some more. My arms look like I was in a razor blade fight but I did ok. I got a large silver plated flat button, one piece concave button, eagle button, brass buckle, pack rivet, pack hook, brass boot tap, pewter spoon handle and a brass hinge. I also dug a half penny about an inch deep but it turned into a clad quarter right before my eyes. :laughing7: If not for the crappy financial situation I could get used to this working one or 2 days a week thing.

Attachments

• 31110.jpg
    31110.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 549
Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Didn't dig a buckle today.

So I'm not the only one who finds those magic coins, that's comforting to know. Just getting out to swing and listen to the tector tones causes a change to take place inside of me, I guess its relaxing to just concentrate on what's happening between my ears and what my eyes can see on the screen. There are those times when it is necessary to work for a living, like we create the money it takes to purchase a detector and then the accessories. Some necessary things first and then some fun things oh yeah and then you get to go detecting. Enjoy!

Herb

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice relics VA.
Well worth getting cut to shreds. :wink: ;D
-MM-

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Nice CW relics.
Congrats
Dman

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

You still had a good day VY!!! Buttons are a premium here. You seem to find some nice ones on each outing. As you know, VA had the most number of CW battles. Tennessee was #2. More battles=More camps=More relics.
I'm sure you did look like you had been "sacking tom cats" but it looks worth it to me. Nice saves!! HH, Quindy.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice collections of relics. Good job.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A button a trip!!!You never let me down!I would rather be scratched up by briars than the poison oak we are now dealing with!!!I guess one leads to the other either way!! :laughing7:

pitdiggers

Feb 16, 2009
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Shadow X5, Tesoro Cibola, Minelab XTerra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Still a bunch of awesome finds!!!

OP
OP
vayank54

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola

Thanks Guys. I was happy with the day.
63bkpkr, Welcome to Tnet. I'm glad I'm not the only one who dig "magic" coins too. I've dug several magic things that have changed before my eyes nothing has ever changed for the better though ha ha.
Kuger, I've always been pretty fortunate at digging buttons. It seem like I have dug an unusual amount since just after Christmas and would have to agree with what VOL1266x said in another post about the ground being wet. Also the heavy snows packed down a lot of grown up areas that were hard to get into before. Hmm I just thought of another place I need to try before it grows back up again :laughing7: By the way I have been blessed in that I have never gotten poison oak or ivy. Hope I didn't jinx myself by telling that.

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You keep getting some very nice finds vayank54 :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: Maybe not a buckle on this hunt, however your button count looking pretty darn good :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions