sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...but I'll take it any day. I was metal detecting the yard of a house built in the 1850s that was originally a slave market, so I figured there just had to be something in the ground. The widow who lived there had developed Alzheimer's, had been placed in a nursing home and the children have it listed for sale, so I thought I'd better give it another try although the two or three previous hunts had produced little more than a '64 Rosie and a war nickel. I was working a cleaned out flower bed out front when I eyeballed this. Our little town is bound by a river on one side and creeks on two, so finding an arrowhead is not that farfetched. I've found a few in my yard around the block through the years, but nothing this nice. Beats what I've been finding lately and makes my first point of the year.

bird.jpg bird1.jpg bird2.jpg

Upvote 21

Crowfriend

Apr 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a beauty! I’m amazed that delicate tip is unbroken!

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...I’m amazed that delicate tip is unbroken!

Exactly what I thought, too. I wiped off the dirt and put the base between my lips until I got home, knowing the pocket or pouch would likely snap it off. My son was wondering what was wrong with me when I came walking in the house.

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is great! Congrats!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great looking point. I agree, I cant believe that slender tip has not been broken off.

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty Point.

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that thing looks so small and delicate it is a darn miracle that it's all there! Nice eyeball! I know very little about arrowheads but I'd say that's probably a birdpoint!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread