Didnt get a single silver todaybut I think I scored.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't get a single silver todaybut I think I scored.

I walked into a BofA today and asked that question that just comes as natural as breathing to each of us. As I look to my left I see a gentleman hand over a plastic bag of quarters to the teller. The teler who is slightly confused askes "what am I supposed to do with these?" He says "Deposit them. This is how I've been doing it for years"

I then ask to see "Mr. Drysdale" and see if I can do the same thing with half dollars. The response was "Sure, No problem, How many bags would you like?" Whoa slow down...Gotta open an account with y'all 1st! The manager insisted there would be no charges for processing and I could deposit upto $20K per week.

Timing couldn't be better...My current dump bank has been getting kinda grumpy and I'm getting tired of rolling.

Upvote 0

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Didn't get a single silver todaybut I think I scored.

This is as valuable as finding silver

CRH has its strategies

Darth Walker

myprecious

Aug 2, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites BHID 300 / Bounty Hunter IV

All of my banks offer the loose coin counting service as well, and will give the free clear bank bags.

Any one denomination can be bagged - up to 50lbs - but they all seem to charge $6.50 per bag for counting and depositing. Worth it for halves if you've scored a few Ag - not so much in pennies IMHO.

Oh yeah, but the banks say it takes up to 10 days to have it processed and deposited. They send it out for counting.

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009

Piercesdad said:
I walked into a BofA today and asked that question that just comes as natural as breathing to each of us. As I look to my left I see a gentleman hand over a plastic bag of quarters to the teller. The teler who is slightly confused askes "what am I supposed to do with these?" He says "Deposit them. This is how I've been doing it for years"

I then ask to see "Mr. Drysdale" and see if I can do the same thing with half dollars. The response was "Sure, No problem, How many bags would you like?" Whoa slow down...Gotta open an account with y'all 1st! The manager insisted there would be no charges for processing and I could deposit upto $20K per week.

Timing couldn't be better...My current dump bank has been getting kinda grumpy and I'm getting tired of rolling.

is it free? think all BofA does this? ask next time? much appreciated

Ifyndit

Dec 15, 2007
The Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Corte's, Golden Sabre II, Minelab X-Terra50

I've been doing this with B of A since I started CRH two years ago. The tellers actually asked if I could bag them rather than roll them. Don't have to wait for the coins to be counted.....get the cash right away! Of course they know me very well at the banks where I deposit the coins.

I can go through a box of halves and have them bagged and ready to cash in the next day in about 20-30 minutes. Much faster than hand rolling!

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

PD.....finally an end to all that rerolling.....your not going to know how to act. :thumbsup:
who wants to bet me PD at least doubles his search amounts now that he will be saving so much time.?

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Piercesdad said:
As I look to my left I see a gentleman hand over a plastic bag of quarters to the teller.
I am dissapointed. :-\
I thought you were going to say they were all silver and you bought the bag after he left. :hello2:

When I return coin they are always bagged. Halves in $500 and cents in $50 I have a coin counter and the bank supplies the coin bags. My deposit is immediatly credited, never had a dispute.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread