difference in guides?

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
I think the red book is retail, blue book is wholesale, and I don't remember what the heck the black one is... somebody help me out.

OP
OP
Diggin in GA.

Diggin in GA.

Aug 19, 2007
Northeast GA
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, Ace 150, Fisher F4
So the Blue Book is a good buyers guide or what you can expect to get if selling to a dealer?

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
You can expect a little less than what the greysheet is - 10-15% as far as what they will offer you (for most) some coins however that are in strong demand will fetch more that what the greysheet says... depends what the dealer needs at the time and what orders he has to fill etc.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not 100% sure, but I believe the Black Book is supposed to have both retail and dealer prices, and some other stuff like how to buy/sell.

B

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:
Not 100% sure, but I believe the Black Book is supposed to have both retail and dealer prices, and some other stuff like how to buy/sell.

B
I have a Blackbook for currency (paper money) and it lists the A.B.P. (average buying price by retail dealers for notes in "good" condition), I would expect the Blackbook for coins is the same. The A.B.P. is of course less than the retail prices listed for the same note in "good" condition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread