Different Governments.

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Let me take a few minutes and try to explain a few things.
Right now I am dealing with The Kingdom of Spain AND the Government of Mexico AND the Federal Government AND the State of Florida all involved in my Ghost Ship wreck site ALL AT THE SAME TIME.
There are THREE possiblties.
1. The ship belongs to the CORTEZ HEIRS.
2. The ship belongs to Spain.
3. Flordia is claiming ownership.
Florida will not let me explore the site so that I can do an I.D.
There is a chance that Mexico has a right to the cargo because it may contain MAYAN artifacts and if so Mexico may want the aritfacts back.
I am also dealing with 3 salvage companies that are working on a bid to RAISE THE SHIP as complete as possible. But until I have reached an agreement with ALL those involved I can do nothing but sit here and wait.I KNOW that this is going to involve some serious COURT ACTION and when the Courts make their decission I cannot make a move.
YES I am way over my head but I am willing to go ALL THE WAY.
Peg Leg

T

TheDetectorist

Shoulda just worked the site and kept your mouth shut. 99% chance says you get $0 for your efforts, and lose at rights to the site.

TD

M

mws53

Sometimes it's much easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission.

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
never give in never give up

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
The way things are looking there are going to be NO permits issued to anyone for anything. YES there are Renewels being issued to a few.

When I first started on this project I tried to do everything the LEGAL and RIGHT way (for the first time).
All I wanted to do was to I.D. this wreck and then go from there. The only thing I wanted was to recover a piece of wood and have the wood dated.
I then asked for permission to survey this wreck. The State said NO. The State then ask for me to give them the CORDS. I told them NO-NOT AT THIS TIME.
The State informed me that there was a Special Program available for people like myself that could be given Special Permission to survey this site.
I filled out all the paperwork they asked for. I then received MORE paperwork from the State of Florida.
This paperwork was the same as a Professional Salvor was required to fill out. I then asked WHERE was the Special Program they had mentioned to me earlier. The State of Florida NEVER answered this question. However they did mention that ANY WRECK located with Florida controlled water belonged to the State of Florida and was considered as ABANDONED. They mentioned the Law of 1987 and THEN informed me that the Law said that I could be arrested and everything confiscated by the State of Florida. Every email from that point on had this listed OVER AND OVER AND OVER.
They flat LIED and I have the EMAILS to prove this.
This is when I decided to ROCK the boat and maybe even sink the damn thing.
I KNOW why the State of Florida is NOT issuing any New Permits and so does everyone else here.
According to the Federal Court of Appeals in 2000 it show that the State of Florida does not OWN A DAMN THING that may turn out to be SPANISH.
It is a waiting game being played out but it is a game that is costing those that do Salvage for a living their lively hood.
So I have decided to bring this GAME to an end one way or the other.
I have reached a point that I could care less if I make a dime as long as the State of Florida gets NOTHING but a SLAP in the face.
I am not a young man and the clock is ticking.
Thanks.
Peg Leg

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
I hear ya PegLeg. Give the state of Florida an inch and they will take everything you own. Stand fast!

T

TheDetectorist

Peg Leg said:
The way things are looking there are going to be NO permits issued to anyone for anything. YES there are Renewels being issued to a few.

The State informed me that there was a Special Program available for people like myself that could be given Special Permission to survey this site.
I filled out all the paperwork they asked for. I then received MORE paperwork from the State of Florida.

Peg Leg

PLEASE tell me you didn't give up the number?!

TD

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Unfortunately, there are state of Florida officials that do monitor this website and so much information was provided by Pegleg and others in the past on the shipwreck forum, that anyone with an IQ over 85 can figure out the location of the GHOST wreck.

There is not a lot of boat traffic in that location so it is fairly easy to monitor via satellite (and it is)

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Yes I know that I provided to much information concerning the Ghost wreck.
BUT in order to pin point this wreck of which there is a total of 4 wrecks the State will have to spend some BIG BUCKS just to even get close and this does not count the Sharks, Gators, Corc,s and the vis being O and the dangerous tides.
Oh well what can I say except they had better get there before the Kingdom of Spain files a claim :o ;D :-\.
Then the Rules of the game WILL change.
Peg leg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread