Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got invited to hunt a vacant lot in a nearby town this morning that the local kids used to use to play ball and do what kids did before technology fried their brains. I don't hunt places like this much but it was fun to change it up. Didn't find anything special but came close to silver with a 65 and 67 quarters. Found 2 dimes and 27 pennys. Penny signals were everywhere but nothing old. Found 3 nice Tootsie toy cars that are in fair shape. Should have stayed longer but it was getting hot and the bugs were having a feast. Thanks for looking. uploadfromtaptalk1470497337112.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1470497342810.jpg

HH RN

Upvote 19

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, great hunt and there should be silver there. The three roadsters are a unique find, most of the time we only find one Tootsietoy during a hunt. Sub 8-)

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those tootsie toys are nice! Love to find those. Makes all the heat, sweat, and bug bites worth it:occasion14:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The tootsie toys are indicative of old turf...should be some wheats and silver in that lot. Can you rehunt the lot? Go low and slow after a rain, methinks you missed some deep goodies...great that you beeped a different style than you are used too, good luck!

OP
OP
relic nut

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tootsie toys are indicative of old turf...should be some wheats and silver in that lot. Can you rehunt the lot? Go low and slow after a rain, methinks you missed some deep goodies...great that you beeped a different style than you are used too, good luck!
Thanks BWD. And yes I can go back and plan to. I only hunted for a few hours so I still have a lot to ck. Thanks for the advice.

HH RN

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. Hope you have good luck on the return trip. There should be some good coin finds there.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff, Relic...is it possible that spot was cherry picked sometime in the past? Even so, there's GOT to be some stray silver hiding deep, methinks you would have better luck grinding some out after a good, soaking rain....God knows how hard that ground is...the grass is crunchy here and I'm not chasing anything deeper than 4 inches unless it's a smokin' hot signal...cool post, great pics, thanks..ddf

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not a bad hunt there RN. Looks like one of mine. It's nice to see you mix it up a little.:thumbsup:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are very nice tootsie toy cars, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions