Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couple of areas about the same distance from where I live, one north and the other off to the southwest, but different environments. First two are from over by Leadville along Halfmoon Creek where I camped last night. 60 in the day, 12 at 4 this morning, a 48 degree temperature drop. Next two are up in Middle Park. Lots of sage brush, and went up to Wofford Mtn. Res. to see if anybody was doin anything on kokanee. They weren't yet.

Attachments

• 10-16a.jpg
    10-16a.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 10-16c.jpg
    10-16c.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 10-17a.jpg
    10-17a.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 10-17b.jpg
    10-17b.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 51

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
On that last shot ... I seem to remember you couldn't do that very often with the old SLR cameras. I think it was my Minolta that had a warning which said that doing so would probably burn a hole in the material behind the mirror that covered the film between exposures.

Nice pics! That first one is beautiful.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah you don't want to point your camera directly at the sun and take a bunch of pics. This one, the branches of the sage brush is blocking a lot of it, and those rays are what came up in the shot, so it looks like a full sun shot. Filters help a lot, but do it too much and can damage your camera.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures, I love going after the kokanee. We used to catch them by the bucket fulls at snake inlet near you when I was small and there was no limit. No place around here to except Blue Mesa which is a little far for me. Havnt seen them at 11mile in years except at the inlet where you can't go. I havnt been after them in a long time, maybe they are back. Woodford looks like a nice place to go. Great pictures, looks like the snow is creeping down.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They still run over at the Snake inlet, diggingthe1, also up at Wofford. Kastmasters work pretty good, but I might not be the one to ask, as I'm always a day late or a day early.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a nice looking day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread