Difficulty Doing Driveway ebay Searches Because Of BUY IT NOWS

Junk_Puppet

Jul 23, 2014
Upstate New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am old school - Start it at a buck and watch it fly. Been doing this since 2000 when it was primarily auction style. Despite having my phone refinements set to completed items, highest price first, it is nearly useless due to not being able to see if an item sold or not unless it was auction style. I have two apps, ebay pocket auctions and another app that is my ebay (My listings, ect) Both make it hard to see what sold and what didn't. This era of starting a worthless item at $350 has made these driveway searches a chore and a time waster - As some of you know, I like to charge in and out of these sales. lol. Any ideas?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold listings is only way to tell values...
And an average at that.

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
I usually don't have an issue ... I use the basic eBay app and use the filter for Sold Listings. Besides, doesn't the price show up red on your phone if it didn't sell ... and green if it did? Just scroll down until you see a green price or two?

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beware of ebay moblie. I cannot say how many times I have bought something based on looking at ebay sold results on my phone, only to find later a different -- and lower -- set of results on my PC. I take the results with a grain of salt.

A lot of customers buy from their phones and therefore ebay has a profit incentive to show them higher priced items. Research shows people will pay more and do less research when buying on their phone, but they prefer their phone.

Same for amazon or just about any company - mobile results are different than desktop, optimized not to get you a deal, but to help with the company's quarterly earnings.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anymore I just stick to the stuff I know. If there something I pass up at a sale that's fine because normally it's something big I'm going to bring it home it's going to sit and stare at me for a long time. So I just tend to buy the same type of items over and over. However... I bought something this weekend that I should never have Bought and it's huge. And I was able to look it up. Then I got home and realize that the prices were not the same. I actually thought they were worth a lot more than what they were even selling for. Now I have the 3 foot tall oil rain lamp in my garage.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465436026.508685.jpg

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Change your settings to only show sold listings & you get the results you are asking about.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anymore I just stick to the stuff I know. If there something I pass up at a sale that's fine because normally it's something big I'm going to bring it home it's going to sit and stare at me for a long time. So I just tend to buy the same type of items over and over. However... I bought something this weekend that I should never have Bought and it's huge. And I was able to look it up. Then I got home and realize that the prices were not the same. I actually thought they were worth a lot more than what they were even selling for. Now I have the 3 foot tall oil rain lamp in my garage.

View attachment 1323278
I sold mine for $20 after it sat in the shed for 4-5 years and I broke the string, lol. Seem to remember you buying one of these too a couple years ago?

My only complaint is that when you refine it to the sold listings, for some reason it automatically includes completed unsold listings too. I like to change the sort order too, from best match to highest price + shipping or sometimes lowest price + shipping.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For some reason it's probably the same one I had before. I thought I bought one too but I don't remember what I did with it. I think it was smaller though.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those things stink to high heaven... err mineral oil.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those things stink to high heaven... err mineral oil.
Not realizing at the time that it was full of oil, the one I bought spilled all over the back of my van. The back end of that truck had a nasty smell until the day I got rid of it.

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to clean up those rain lamps, put a black light bulb in it. Take out the center piece & put in a florescent peace sign or orange heart in the middle, or paint the middle piece with glow colors....walla, a hippie lamp.
Carrol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread