dig it all?

mmiller

May 21, 2006
COLORADO SPRINGS
Detector(s) used
DFX & XLT & Judge II Auto
husker : I've been detecting off and on for over 30 years and have had several detectors and many different brands. I am right now trying to learn my dfx and been working with it about 20 trips out, the first 15 or so trips I just tried to only to select the good stuff according to what my machine said, and ignored all the stuff that was iffy. Not at all happy with the results. so I went back to digging about every thing, and I am now digging deeper coins. I am also just now hearing the slight tones and meter reading between good stuff and trash. I hoping in a few more trips out I will be able to quit digging as much trash and have enough experience with it. I believe that when you first get a new machine is dig every thing until you really know your machine. I don't think it matters as much on the MD you have as, how well you know your MD, and as painfull as it is, dig everything until you really know your detector.I found coins 7 to 8 inches down with detectors back in the 80s only because of digging all signals untill I underdtood what my detector was telling me.

OP
OP
husker du

husker du

Apr 30, 2008
Thornton, CO.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
howdy-
thanks for the input. i've been out about a dozen times in the park behind my house and am getting more confident with the machine- pinpointing has been easier than i expected, but it did take some time. since the park is only thirty-odd years old, i've been passing over some of the deeper iffier tones- most clad finds are 2-4" and all deeper, jumpier tones have been tabs or slaw. i'm not expecting any older finds at this location and i wanted to perfect my digging technique so when i move on to older locations i can leave them in great shape. have a few older spots lined up for this summer, so hopefully i'll be digging more signals with success. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread