Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious as to why they were hunting in standard mode, maybe I should give it a spin...nah, I like pro mode.

Also thought they would be rocking the Garrett Carrot with the new season, I know dealers here on Tnet that can hook them up.

Yea, I was actually expecting to see complety different machines and the carrott...guess its was all filmed awhile ago

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The only problem with the show is that these guys get so excited that it just appears fake and they are annoying. Its a cool idea for a show and could be as good as american pickers if the guys were likeable.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the main reason why I watch. Their antics can be over-the-top, but they have to liven up the show for TV audiences. The only thing that annoys me is their "Diggers Dictionary". Roundness in the hole, Cologne, Civ, Juice, Nectar, etc. I've never spoke this dialect nor have I heard anyone else use such terms. It frankly is ridiculous how they continuously throw about the terms.
What about wheatie, zincoln, happy dance, bling, tot lot, etc...those could be considered ridiculous by some people too...do those terms annoy you?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only problem with the show is that these guys get so excited that it just appears fake and they are annoying. Its a cool idea for a show and could be as good as american pickers if the guys were likeable.
They have done several detecting shows the way you think they should be done...where are they now?...Diggers is still standing because those guys are liked by so many.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious as to why they were hunting in standard mode, maybe I should give it a spin...nah, I like pro mode.

Also thought they would be rocking the Garrett Carrot with the new season, I know dealers here on Tnet that can hook them up.
I use standard mode when Im hunting sports fields, play grounds and fresh water lakes...I use pro mode when Im hunting old places where I think stuff like silver coins might be deep.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff.
I love watching these guys and don't give a damn about anyone who doesn't honestly
Yeah, Ive been behind them from the very beginning...I always say I don't like the show, I love it...but then again, my wife says she learned years ago that I will never grow up...me and my friends have one hell of a sense of humor.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
What about wheatie, zincoln, happy dance, bling, tot lot, etc...those could be considered ridiculous by some people too...do those terms annoy you?

No why would slang terms that transcend multiple niche communities annoy me? I would say they are more accepted among those that do not detect. For example, I could be conversing with a coin collector who knows nothing about detecting and they would still understand what I'm talking about. i.e. "I was searching a tot lot while finding a bunch of crusty zincolns when out pops a 1909 S VDB wheatie. I jumped up and did a happy dance." On the other hand, "Searching a tot lot, I realized I was in a Nectar Secter", just sounds perverted.

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always felt foolish standing in a playground with my detector.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes me to GatorBoy, that's why I hate park/ tot lot type places.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always felt foolish standing in a playground with my detector.
I did too until I started finding gold and silver...then I felt foolish for feeling foolish. :laughing7:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No why would slang terms that transcend multiple niche communities annoy me? I would say they are more accepted among those that do not detect. For example, I could be conversing with a coin collector who knows nothing about detecting and they would still understand what I'm talking about. i.e. "I was searching a tot lot while finding a bunch of crusty zincolns when out pops a 1909 S VDB wheatie. I jumped up and did a happy dance." On the other hand, "Searching a tot lot, I realized I was in a Nectar Secter", just sounds perverted.
Sooo, your terms are ok because coin collectors know what they mean...interesting.

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did too until I started finding gold and silver...then I felt foolish for feeling foolish. :laughing7:

I already know I can go find gold and silver in a playground but you just won't see me doing it... That's just me I don't really like feeling like I'm only a few hours behind some child or mother like a vulture circling in the sky lol

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I already know I can go find gold and silver in a playground but you just won't see me doing it... That's just me I don't really like feeling like I'm only a few hours behind some child or mother like a vulture circling in the sky lol
Looking for recent drops, at the beach or anywhere else, I always feel like a vulture...I embrace it and have no problem with it.

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool I appreciate that and understand I don't judge I just speak for myself it's just something I can't get past personally.
I know I know seeing gold in a scoop and getting cash for it is a pretty nice thing ..it just seems shallow to me.. Enough so that I tend to lose patience quickly and don't spend much time doing it

Whiterook

Apr 13, 2015
Northeast Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Pro
Gold Bug II
Minelab GPX 4800
Garrett GTAx750
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have seen the two guys in interviews off the show and they seem like good guys. In the interviews they come across very well and represent the sport in a positive manner. But, getting so excited you have an orgasm every time you find something screams "made for TV". Still, I hope they do well and the show continues.

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just watched them on St. Croix ...I'm jealous

bjw

Feb 2, 2006
Fleetwood, PA
Detector(s) used
X5 Tesoro DFX
I guess I've gotten over their weirdness & just enjoy the show. At least I don't have to wait until next week, watch a rehash of the last week's show and basically see almost nothing new.
Bruce

ringking76

Jul 8, 2014
knoxville area
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP,Minelab CTX 3030 and Tesoro Golden Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't stand the show,instead of having one screaming BOOM BABY!
We have two boobs running around like idiots.

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there were absolutely no antics or anything to break up the monotony it would be like watching paint dry.
I love metal detecting....but...no way I'm going to sit and watch a boring,stiff,put you to sleep old man swinging a detector like some P.B.S. broadcast.
Yaaaaawwwnn....
I started this thread just to let people know who actually want to watch this show when it was starting not to have another session of beating the same dead horse if you don't like it don't watch it it's very simple

Last edited:

The Goop

Jul 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great show! You all need to calm down, sit back and enjoy it! Roundness in the hole!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions