Feb 3, 2020
Coastal SC
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 600
ML Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I was out today at one of my colonial sites, I found a KG and Ringy Trade Dollar. After research, it seems they would bury these at sites they detected for future detectorists to find. I found it about 12" down in a field. I was initially disappointed knowing that they had been to this field detecting, but I have found lots of colonial era buttons and 2 colonial coppers today, so they didn't get it all. Pretty cool find, to me.

IMG_E1313 (Medium).JPG

Upvote 14

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not colonial but it's still neat! I kind of want to start leaving something like that places...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I was out today at one of my colonial sites, I found a KG and Ringy Trade Dollar. After research, it seems they would bury these at sites they detected for future detectorists to find. I found it about 12" down in a field. I was initially disappointed knowing that they had been to this field detecting, but I have found lots of colonial era buttons and 2 colonial coppers today, so they didn't get it all. Pretty cool find, to me.

View attachment 1898301

cool find ! at least ya Know if they hunted there, They missed allot :laughing7:

probably too busy hanging from trees :coffee2: or Need Minelabs :icon_thumleft:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I never heard of these before-so I just had to find out the 5 W's of them. (Reality TV/video so maybe it's because I never went the Garrett route)

So you have one of the 1000 minted and in total there seems to be a total 39,000

Shows that one can't get it all, and they sucked at trying.:laughing7:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a neat token find, knowing they were there before you (and missed some stuff) !

OP
OP
MKW

MKW

Feb 3, 2020
Coastal SC
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 600
ML Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's weird to think that some fellas from Montana/Arizona ended up in this little field in the middle of nowhere in SC. It does have significant history though.

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find these faux Chinese coins around Lake Tahoe from time to time from previous detectorists. They're like 100 for $10 online. Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 8.20.11 AM.png

ben ohio

Greenie
Oct 27, 2007
Not colonial but it's still neat! I kind of want to start leaving something like that places...

i dug up a mole once .i filled it with pennies from my pocket they were copper in the old days.put it back in the hole.a friend of mine dug it up a few weeks later.it was really funny.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread