austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Lots of folks don't like them. Many do. All I know is that they have a TV show and I don't...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if they put in the Trash finds and the filling holes,
they would have to cut out the jumping around and acting like the decent finds are special.

They only have 30 Minutes per show.

in order to do a show that would satisfy all,
it would have to be 2 hours (movie Length)

and 5 can tabs, or nails in a row, or half hour of straight trash digs would be booorrrring
beyond belief on screen

Last edited:
OP
OP
WilliamH

WilliamH

Dec 20, 2012
So true but then the jumping and screaming is just so over the top. My coworker asked if I did that. Oh well. I guess they r making money doing what they like. We should all be so lucky.
WH

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not very computer literate.... can somebody please post a picture of someone beating a dead horse?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember the first and last time I watched Diggers.. I can still taste the throw up in my mouth a little. :laughing7:

DigginDownUnder

May 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw an old you tube video of these guys, might have been a pilot for their show I think.

The guy found an old bell and started to go over the top, so a guy on a dirt bike rocks up to see what he found, and was like "wow a bell" lol

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not very computer literate.... can somebody please post a picture of someone beating a dead horse?

? deadhorse.gif

CoinKracken

May 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just type it in google or type in Jared from subway beating a dead horse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am going to start my own show and every week I am going to dig another clad quarter and then say, "Oh. woe is me .......... another ........ clad........... quarter ........yup.....another, clad, quarter.....well, look at that.....another.......clad.......quarter...The show would be for all the folks who don't like to get too excited.

I understand why someone would find them annoying, but I find them entertaining, but then I grew up with Laurel and Hardy and Abbott and Costello on TV...Go Ringy, go KG....ROUNDNESS IN THE HOLE, WOO HOO!!

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw an old you tube video of these guys, might have been a pilot for their show I think.

The guy found an old bell and started to go over the top, so a guy on a dirt bike rocks up to see what he found, and was like "wow a bell" lol

Hey Mr Down Under. What you saw on youtube is from a series of independent DVDs they made years before the TV show. It's called, "Extreme Metal Detecting". Completely wild and crazy.

Last edited:

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to start my own show and every week I am going to dig another clad quarter and then say, "Oh. woe is me .......... another ........ clad........... quarter ........yup.....another, clad, quarter.....well, look at that.....another.......clad.......quarter...The show would be for all the folks who don't like to get too excited.

I understand why someone would find them annoying, but I find them entertaining, but then I grew up with Laurel and Hardy and Abbott and Costello on TV...Go Ringy, go KG....ROUNDNESS IN THE HOLE, WOO HOO!!
I would like to watch the three stooges with metal detectors! That would be a much better show than Diggers!

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would like to watch the three stooges with metal detectors! That would be a much better show than Diggers!

Yes, wonderful! :wav: Can't think of a more entertaining show myself! Except I guess there would still be some folks who would complain that the Three Stooges were acting too silly.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread