Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you do a thorough search, you will find hundreds of threads with the same sentiment.
Tread lightly though, there are staunch defenders of the guys here on Tnet.
I have their autographs.:laughing7:

thaigler

Jul 27, 2016
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesero Bandidio, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
..I watch it and so does my wife. The worse part, is when my wife says: "hey dont you have the AT Pro like them " & then "why don't you find stuff like that" It's Callled Reality TV. Think about how boring it would be for someone like me to be digging trash the whole time filming....showing off my best pull tabs, and my beer can collection hooting and hollering with every bottle cap i did up :occasion14:. I like to watch this reality TV shows Its all good fun :-)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there are Hundreds of Videos out there
with Serious Detectorists. & they didn't
get their Own Shows.

acting like 5 year olds on a sugar high did get them theirs

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
I approached some producers about a show with me and my pet gopher. They said there wasn't much excitement watching a gopher shoving Gold Rings, Coins, etc., out of the ground. They did say tho, that if he could do backflips, sommersaults, or even high five's, there might be a possibility. :icon_scratch: Working on it...........

lawsonland

Oct 1, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Currently use CTX, Excalibur
Have used V3I, DFX, BHID, ATX, Etrac, TDI, Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the reason I wouldn't watch it, (flips, and scream and yell like an idiot). The BBC show "detectorists" while fiction was more real life and enjoyed a lot more.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just can't watch some of those reality TV detecting shows, or their desperately attention seeking YouTube counterparts.

Every time someone asks me if I'm "like those guys on TV," I cringe with embarrassment.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not watch any realty , pertaining to treasure hunting or Housewives of XXXXXXXXXXX.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..I watch it and so does my wife. The worse part, is when my wife says: "hey dont you have the AT Pro like them " & then "why don't you find stuff like that" It's Callled Reality TV. Think about how boring it would be for someone like me to be digging trash the whole time filming....showing off my best pull tabs, and my beer can collection hooting and hollering with every bottle cap i did up :occasion14:. I like to watch this reality TV shows Its all good fun :-)
If you are going to watch these kind of shows, you will feel better without your wife watching and yelling at you.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
must be playboy or hustler

Rustynailsandscrews

Sep 26, 2014
Salem, NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and a BH 505 that I let friends and relatives I don't like use.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't watch more then 10 minutes of Diggers without getting disgusted with the stupidity. It doesn't give us a good image. As far as I'm concerned Diggers is just a couple of idiots that found a way to make a buck.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I just can't watch some of those reality TV detecting shows, or their desperately attention seeking YouTube counterparts.

Every time someone asks me if I'm "like those guys on TV," I cringe with embarrassment.

Which brings to mind the desperately attention seeking people who create the same posts on 3 different detecting forums.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread