DIGGIN HOLES AND NOT FILLING THEM IN - ON MY SOAP BOX

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Re: DIGG'IN HOLES AND NOT FILLING THEM IN - ON MY SOAP BOX

Had the nature lovers come after me about ground squirrel holes, mole crowns, groundhog dens, skunk grubbins' and golf divots. So I go into a very long winded talk about the size of the hole, uniformity of the holes, fine nature of the particulate matter and the radial or directional ejection of the matrix around the hole and can they, as students of nature, come to understand these differences between animal works and mine.

That's why the park folks around here know me and have seen me point this out to people who "alerted" them to my bad behavior. That's also why they don't mind me digging holes as deep as I want. Squirrels can make a small patch of grass look like it was carpet bombed by large firecrackers, but the holes are fairly uniform.

Since most parks no longer treat animals that destroy the lawns as pests, you can expect more claims against the hobby from some of the same people who defend the animals "right" to exist and tear it up, not knowing they're only reaping what they've sown. What really gets me is how someone can attribute mole colony crowns to md'ers, but some ill-tempered and short-minded folk do.

If you see fairly uniform holes, divots or digs, they most likely are from animals, not sloppy md'ers.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: DIGG'IN HOLES AND NOT FILLING THEM IN - ON MY SOAP BOX

That's kinda' what I meant lowbatts, but for some reason I got censored. For those who might have been trying to figure out what I was saying, I did not use profanity, did not say anything bad about the forum or members and did not write anything I wouldn't let my grandaughter read. I used the common everyday terms to describe those with less than average intelligence. So, I hope no one thought I was being naughty. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions