Digging Between the Lightning Storms Pays Off!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Storm this morning and one due in less than an hour...typical Missouri spring weather. But I was "energized" enough to go hit a local park during the break, and I am glad that I did. I found a nice, plain white gold ring marked "10K (TW)" in the tot lot, tucked up next to a steel playground ladder! I also found a "BFF" mini-pendant in the tot lot and two kids' rings in the lawn.

I put the coil in a large drainage ditch (covered in mowed lawn) next to the tot lot. I found a cross country race medal, seven "Chuckee Cheese" tokens, and a a complete, but broken >:( 1967 Mattel Fanner 50 cap pistol. These were the ULTIMATE cool toy guns back when I was a kid. I also dredged $8.00 in clad from the park, and there is much more to detect, later, when the sky doesn't want to kill me. Thanks for looking and happy hunting to all. Sub 8-)

Attachments

• whitegold1.JPG
    whitegold1.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 84
  • whitegold2.JPG
    whitegold2.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 86
  • whitegold3.JPG
    whitegold3.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 83
  • whitegold4.JPG
    whitegold4.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 13

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Subterranean. Nice digs. Consider the gold ring as hazard pay for diggin' with lightning present. Good luck with the rest of the site. C9

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better off in between the storms. Not healthy walking around an open field carrying a lightning rod. ;)

Nice saves!

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better off in between the storms. Not healthy walking around an open field carrying a lightning rod. ;)

Nice saves!

Whadi, what do you mean...shouldn't I raise my coil to the sky and cry out to Thor during a thunderstorm for blessings of treasure?:dontknow:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi, what do you mean...shouldn't I raise my coil to the sky and cry out to Thor during a thunderstorm for blessings of treasure?:dontknow:

Sure, whatever turns you on. Just, let me have your list of places before ya do. ;)

richardson

Jan 8, 2014
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus;
Nokta Makro Anfibio;
Garrett AT Pro;
Tesoro Vaquero;
Fisher F5;
Whites Eagle Spectrum - Started it all
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice finds! I got done before that storm hit Southern Illinois. Lightening every few seconds

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh as long as you've got your rubber boots on you'll be just fine lol. Nice finds Sub

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whitegold5.jpg The glove is pointing to where the ring was in relation to the steel ladder. No problem with the ATPro, she likes close calls...:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread