Digging bottles and have this visitor ... well behaved. Quite attractive.

jeweler21

Mar 8, 2013
San Angelo, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Garrett AT pro, Teknetics T2, Garrett GTAX 500, A.H. Electronics Super Pro 5, Fisher VLF 555 D/B, Garrett AT Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a skunk. It's a rooter, no stripe down its back. It looks like it's eating good.
HH

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that was just too cool. We are well blessed with them in this area of Tennessee, but never recall seeing one with that much white. Great vid.:icon_thumleft:

keystonecops

Mar 9, 2014
salem or
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT-Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kewl. Do they turn white there? Grew up in Wyo, never saw white ones. Later Clyde

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with tnguns, never seen one that white. Here n NC there the classic color, black w/white stripe. There very good with there aim and shoots like a water hose not a little stream like most people think. Never been doused but brother n law once was

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good you did not scare him or her. And I have seen them with almost no white and just the opposite. Here in Jersey it is not unusual to see them almost all white.

OP
OP
tigerbeetle

tigerbeetle

Jan 2, 2009
Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Many -- Fisher, White's, Minelab, Cobra, others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
She was quite preggy -- and knew I was there. She looked over a couple times, must have known I presented no threat and returned to eating/rooting for a family to come. Skunks are generally very docile. I did accidently spook her when I moved to get back to digging. She was back again in about five minutes. I swear she liked being near me, possibly due to all the digging I was doing. It must have seemed like I was a fellow rooter to her. When I left, I'm sure she pounced on the spot where I had turned over the soil. By the by, no good bottles -- all newer stuff, circa 1930s.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread