Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I have been doing this for years anyway. Common sense if you were brought up as a woodsman. Thing is, this subject brought to light in a treasure forum makes me think of the irony that dictates that we can dig a hole only not to withdraw, but to make a "deposit". :laughing7:

Last edited:

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So now you have a valid excuse to dig a hole! If the ranger asks you what you're doing, tell him you just have to potty. Of course that might seem a bit odd when you're cutting your plug in the middle of the picnic area next to the parking lot

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This sorta applies to the same reasoning at the state park about no digging holes ................ In the areas of the US that use warm season grass for lawns , it is recommended that a machine be used to "aerate" the lawn grass every year or so ............ the machine pulls plugs of dirt and sod out every few inches... these holes are 6 inches deep , the size of your thumb or a little larger.. these plugs are left laying on the lawn and look like hell until they get melted by rain or sprinklers..................... seems to me that digging a silver dime outa the park and replacing the plug is doing virtually the same thing and is a lot less ugly ... but , government has never been famous for making logical decisions ......

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Well, even if we prevailed in the logic that we're no more harmful ("alter", "deface", "dig", etc...) than that, they'd simply change the subject to: "remove", "take", "harvest", and "cultural heritage" anyhow. But it is interesting none-the-less. My solution to all the bologna, is to simply avoid such lookie lous as may care, in the first place. But .... oh well.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So now you have a valid excuse to dig a hole! If the ranger asks you what you're doing, tell him you just have to potty. Of course that might seem a bit odd when you're cutting your plug in the middle of the picnic area next to the parking lot

Hey, I like this idea! We didn't make the rules, right? [emoji10]

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would look even odder, if you were cutting a plug close to the parks restroom(s) or shower(shower)!
That is unless you were detecting with an excalibur on a tall man shaft, which would look even odder held in your hands while on the toilet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread