Digging in 1890s park/woods thru iron trash today :-)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,

went to an old 1890s park I've been wanting to dig for a while. It has some woods out back on 10 acres and it (the woods) was used as the neighborhood dump site for a long while. There was broken glass, junk and iron scattered everywhere. I managed to dig out a 1950s kids sheriffs badge and a 1909 Barber dime among the trash along the edge of the woods with the AT Pro and a nice old Button with a 6 point star on it - has nice green patina and looks to be 1800s - not shown are some copper relics/pieces, a brass dresser pull, etc. that was mixed in with the iron that I managed to salvage - will post a pic of that stuff at a later date.

But anyway

after digging/sifting thru the iron and about going nuts listening to it for about 2.5 hrs - I decided to hunt the park itself - I pulled 3 wheats from the 40s/50s and a PILE of clad...

Hope you'all had a good weekend and got some diggin in too :-)

HH :skullflag:

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Barber, cool button and sheriff's badge. :thumbsup: That looks like a lot of digging!

HH

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs! HH

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a nice haul. Really like that sherriff badge and of course the barber. Always nice to come home with a full pouch!

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
way to sniff out that barber! I like the old sheriffs badge too! congrats on a good hunt!

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet digs!! Love the Barber and Button!!:icon_thumright:

Machxin

Apr 26, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sheriffs badge is awesome, something that would be a great talking piece and display piece. You had a great day! congrats on all the finds!:icon_thumleft:

Oneshot

Oct 20, 2012
West Caldwell New Jersey
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 70
WHITES COINMASTER CLASSIC III
GARRETT PRO-POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Day! That badge looks like one of the arcade tokens used on a key chain. We used to spell out a name or a good luck saying, then pull down the handle to impress it on the token. If there's no pin in back that might be one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread