Digging in England

Rubka888

Jun 13, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. It is amazing over there. No trash, clean digging, and on every field you can find Celtic, Roman, Medieval, and Georgian. Buttons everywhere. I was a little kid in a candy shop! One day, I found 5 coins before lunch and the newest was from 1695! My first silver find was a Medieval silver brooch that was reported to the British Museum as treasure. Then, in the next hole was a King Edward I Hammered silver! Edward the Longshanks. It was quite a sight to behold. The 3rd day I found 4 silver coins and the dates were 113 AD Roman Silver, 1247 AD Henry III Hammered, 1914, and 1917. Quite a date spread. One guy in my group found 6 hammered that day and said that they found 34 hammered in the same field in one day last year! Crazy. I found so many KG's, hammered copper farthings, WW II bomb shrapnel, 1600's crotal bells, and buttons. One day I found 46 buttons! I got 2 1400's lead tokens that were used as change for silver pennies. Lots of bale seals and musket balls. The last day I got a Elizabeth I hammered silver which was nice and 2 more Roman coins. Also got a Medieval Spur which I think is so awesome. I had so many finds that I couldn't take pics of them all. I will have to wait for my export pics to come in to show you properly but here are a few for now. I hope you enjoy. It was a trip of a lifetime for me :045:

Attachments

• Buttons.jpg
    Buttons.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 144
  • Carrot patch.jpg
    Carrot patch.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 104
  • Coppers.jpg
    Coppers.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Ed I.jpg
    Ed I.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Henry III.jpg
    Henry III.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 33

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW SO MANY OLD RELICS! you had an amazing hunt, congratulations.

Wampum

Jun 13, 2011
Tioga County PA.
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's posts with finds like this and especially written like this that make my green eyed jealousy monster come out. Great hunt!

DigginDoc

Aug 6, 2017
BC, Canada
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Tesoro Eldorado, Silver, F4, F1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful finds! Congrats!
The only time I went a couple of years back, the leader parked the van by a covered hole and I fell into it. Ruined my leg and the rest of the trip.
Cheers to a great hunt.
Doc

Dirtwisher

Nov 1, 2013
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" and 11", AT Pro, Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a blast! All the disclaimers in the world that followed your post can't take away the fact that those fields even exist. One KG in a day in a New England field is not a horrible day. Hopefully I can get over there before every joint in my body is made of titanium and I can't even bend over!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a blast! All the disclaimers in the world that followed your post can't take away the fact that those fields even exist. One KG in a day in a New England field is not a horrible day. Hopefully I can get over there before every joint in my body is made of titanium and I can't even bend over!

Seen and met many in their 70/80's and there's even one member that is 92. In the fields everyday during his hunting period over there, now if that's not inspiration for all us sods that whine about our aches and pains nothing is. It keeps me believing that this hobby keeps us inspired and alive to dig another day.
Finding a treasure like the OP did, now that's just a huge bonus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions