Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Patty
Thank you for the cool video.
I can honestly say that, except for my on yard, I have never hunted on grounds where that instrument would have been necessary. Maybe one day.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, I saw the title and thought we were going to be introduced to your new boyfriend....
:occasion14:

OP
OP
C

caratunk

Feb 2, 2016
maine
Detector(s) used
whites coinmaster, silver u max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well i tried all day.. to mow and all it did all day was RAIN !! well so be it... im mowing!! yes i got wet but its 3/4 done...no detecting today im going to try this method i think ill drop by tractor supply and see of they carry them .. i know wlmrt doesnt.. and we wont get harbor freight moved in til sept from what the article said..45 minutes north of me... the only other place i can think of getting them is the hospital cant see them letting me dig around in their basement for a pair..hmmmm........i was even thinking of the vets offices.. dont see that happening either...well if i can find a set ill let you know;];];]since a shovel isnt acceptable;];];] i think id like this way better anyway less work;];];] isnt that our initial goal anyways? leave no trace behind;];];] looks like a great solution to me;];];]and nothing else to carry;];];] m/d// pinpointer/ and the hemostates;];];] oh and food and drinks , and bug repellants;];] ill let you know;];];] thank you for watching;];];]

OP
OP
C

caratunk

Feb 2, 2016
maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well if i find 1 of those youll know that too;];];]

OP
OP
C

caratunk

Feb 2, 2016
maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol, I saw the title and thought we were going to be introduced to your new boyfriend....
:occasion14:

well if i find 1 of those you ll know that too lololol

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harbor Freight tool stores have hemostats....

OP
OP
C

caratunk

Feb 2, 2016
maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Harbor Freight tool stores have hemostats....

we dont have 1 in maine up here yet not til sept;[;[;[;[ and i cant order online i dont make enough as a prt time housekpr to do credit cards and i dont trust myself with a debit card ...

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we dont have 1 in maine up here yet not til sept;[;[;[;[ and i cant order online i dont make enough as a prt time housekpr to do credit cards and i dont trust myself with a debit card ...

Shows three stores in Maine, of course the closest of Bangor which is too far south of you as I understand it.

I bet Walmart has them, probably in the first aid section.

Try fishing section too! A great hook remover and tying flies. Surely some fishing outfitters in your area....

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not trying to be a Debbie downer, but what if you can't locate a target with your pinpointer? This method totally limits you to 2" or shallower targets. I guess A WAY is better than nothing though, right?

OP
OP
C

caratunk

Feb 2, 2016
maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not trying to be a Debbie downer, but what if you can't locate a target with your pinpointer? This method totally limits you to 2" or shallower targets. I guess A WAY is better than nothing though, right?

high vdi actually no they have hemostates that are up to..... 24 inches long;];];];] well if you cant locate it with a m/d or a pinpointer .. just move on ..or keep looking ;];];]

OP
OP
C

caratunk

Feb 2, 2016
maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shows three stores in Maine, of course the closest of Bangor which is too far south of you as I understand it.

I bet Walmart has them, probably in the first aid section.

Try fishing section too! A great hook remover and tying flies. Surely some fishing outfitters in your area....

ohhhh smartie you are;];];];];] never thought of that;];];];];] thank you cause i just got back from trct supply and they don t carry them;[;[;[;[

OP
OP
C

caratunk

Feb 2, 2016
maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Walmart fishing here has forceps, didnt try pharmacy.
20170604_103541.jpg

OP
OP
C

caratunk

Feb 2, 2016
maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wohooo awesome thank you steve 1357

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, no.....what I was meaning was picking a coin out with those any deeper that your PP can locate would be basically impossible IMO. Like I said though, better than not enjoying being out swinging. Good luck with the method I hope it works out for you.

OP
OP
C

caratunk

Feb 2, 2016
maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, no.....what I was meaning was picking a coin out with those any deeper that your PP can locate would be basically impossible IMO. Like I said though, better than not enjoying being out swinging. Good luck with the method I hope it works out for you.

ahhh ok i understand what you mean now....lolololol sorry you are right but i guess "digging to china" does have some truth to it;];];];]

mudfoot

May 8, 2010
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax, Compadre
ahhh ok i understand what you mean now....lolololol sorry you are right but i guess "digging to china" does have some truth to it;];];];]
I've tried several types of these for when a coin is a few inches deep and I can feel it with a screwdriver but can't use a digger. (Park rules here). They work fairly well for a few tries but then the hinges get jammed up with dirt and won't close anymore.

Long needle nosed pliers do the job too and are a bit easier to bang the dirt out of.

Mostly I only use them in situations where I can't get my fingers down deep enough.

Sent from my KFSAWA using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread