TxFlag

Greenie
Jul 29, 2014
Austin TX
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Adventure 5500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been md'ing my local park with my wife's garden trowel. Texas clay is rock hard and I have bent the thing in half a few times so I decided its time for a better tool. I have actually been skipping deeper targets due to this tool limitation.

I really like the hori-hori type diggers that many here swear by, but that thing sure looks like a fixed blade knife. Im really worried someone would call the cops on me "some crazy man in the park is walking around with a huge knife".

1515.jpg

Texas laws directly address fixed blade knifes and open carry. Im worried that digging tool would be considered a no no. Am I being too cautious?

Last edited:

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't Texans carry firearms? I wouldn't worry about it, the cops know it isn't a knife.. and you have already checked the rules and it is legal to stab the dirt any way!
I take comfort in my lesche when in the park the low life walk by..

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hori-hori is what I use, and so far, no problems with it considered a weapon. I don't go flashing it around though either!:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread