Dime boxes

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I am going to get my first box of dimes and I am curious. So I would love a census from anyone. How many silvers did you find in your very first box of silver? If none, how many boxes did you have to get in order to find your first dime based silver? I am trying to figure out if i want to get one box of dimes or two.

any info would be really great.

::hears a storm coming in:: ohh time to get offline.

Hugs and smiles, luvs.
Garoulady

Upvote 0

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GarouLady said:
I am going to get my first box of dimes and I am curious. So I would love a census from anyone. How many silvers did you find in your very first box of silver? If none, how many boxes did you have to get in order to find your first dime based silver? I am trying to figure out if i want to get one box of dimes or two.

Hugs and smiles, luvs.
Garoulady

............... Sighs..........

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took me about 10 boxes to find my first silver dime

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My very first box contained a rosie, merc, and canadian silver. About 10 boxes in I found six barbers. I recall 1 skunk box per about 10. Two years back I switched to 95% cwr dimes for ease of dumping, and no shorts.

Mtldealer

May 8, 2012
District 12, SouthWest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the bank rolled ones on average 1 or 2 per $1000. The customer rolled ones I find are better. I have found 30+ in the customer rolled ones.

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
First box was skunk, then another. May have taken 2 or 3 boxes to get a silver dime. About a month in I found a Barber dime, now I have 3. But since then I have found over 500 silvers in the last 7 months. When I first started doing dimes, and I consistently found 1 up to 3 dimes per box, it was nice. Getting some consistent silver is good. I really believe silver depends on your area though.

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GarouLady said:

Hugs and smiles, luvs.
Garoulady

In my first box, I found one 1916 mercury dime, quite worn. I average just under 1 silver per box. I used to be in an area where it was consistent, but now I haven't found a silver dime in a box since I got to my new location. It all depends but for dimes, CWR tends to produce better.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, nothing. Second, 24. Haven't had a box as good since.

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First 12 Roosies, Second was a Skunk
Best box ever was my first, my best score was in $85 BWR, I pulled 16 dimes 8,7,&1.
Going back to doing some dimes after a 2 month break

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first box had a 1947 Rosie in it.. I average 1 per box, but lately have had much higher numbers averaging 3 per box

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My average was 1 per box, but I have only found 4 in the last 1o boxes.

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey ya, progress report....

I went to two different inner city banks asking for canadian money. i thought that most banks would throw it aside, replacing it with american money. Boy was I wrong on that. I also asked these banks to sell me a box of dimes. No quarters or halves, just a box of dimes. the same lame duck excuse I got was "sorry but we can't sell you a box without an account." I even counted my money in front of one lady and after talking to her for 5 minutes she finally gave me that same excuse. I told her that that was ok because there were other banks I could go to and have a nice day. Then I walked out. I finally went to a branch of my checking account and got a box of dimes. I was hopeing for anything, whether it was canadian or silver. Nothing.. I got skunked. Bummer. But at least dimes will be easier to return then the halves I had.

So I went to my LCS and asked about ASE and was told they were selling for 37 dollars. I told him silver was at 32 and if he would take 35 for one. he said no because he buys them at 35 and adds on 2 additional dollars. 2012 ASE he told me were 37.50. Eeehh, after what I was told by everyone else, I forgot about those and just bought some buillion. I got one ounce, a US quarter, a quarter tube and a dime tube for 42 dollars. Unfortunately they are the only coin shop that I know of unless I want to go check out a pawn shop or three in town, about 20 miles away. Maybe I will take a weekend off and ask my brother to go pawn shop hopping with me.

anyways, Check ya later Luvs.

Hugs and Smiles,
garoulady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread