Dime Day

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
pretty good, almost 1 per 100 bucks worth. but no wonder you want to quit, you go at it full speed and tellers don't cooperate, no boxes thats bs no? they just don't want to go to the vault. i would love to go at it but i can't be motivated to dump :(

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Rich, I search in Chicago, and usually average one silver Roosevelt dime per sealed $250 box. I have probably searched over 10 boxes since I began crh'ing about 2 years ago, and have only been skunked twice. Still haven't found a Barber dime or mercury dime though. Oldest silver dime finds have been a few '46 Roosies. Best dime box I ever searched yielded 3 silver Roosies.

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Clad the Impaler said:
Rich, I search in Chicago, and usually average one silver Roosevelt dime per sealed $250 box. I have probably searched over 10 boxes since I began crh'ing about 2 years ago, and have only been skunked twice. Still haven't found a Barber dime or mercury dime though. Oldest silver dime finds have been a few '46 Roosies. Best dime box I ever searched yielded 3 silver Roosies.

Clad,
You will get the Mercs and maybe even Barbers searching boxes. You have to do a lot more than 10 boxes though.
I like your name "Clad the Impaler" :laughing7:
HH
Rich

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice score for the $, Rich! I only search dimes because of all the variety, i've found that the banks only keep enough dimes (boxes) on hand as not to short themselves. I tend to ask for the hand-rolled first, even though my finds are the same whether h-r or boxes. After searching about $100k worth in h-r, still waiting for that solid silver roll, lol! ffd

cuttybce

Feb 16, 2010
Western PA
Watch out for 2010 dime boxes.....they are popping up in the East like crazy!

Came across (and rejected) my sixth box of nothing but 2010's today.

HH,
cuttybce

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
dave5710 said:
I know you guys love halves, but if you can't get halves, or want a break, do dimes!!
as of late, ive been tired of getting skunked on halves, so i now mix in some boxes of dimes so i dont get completely skunked.
keep it up and hh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread