Dime DDO

USMCLion

Feb 15, 2008
Has anyone everseen a 1976-D DDO, I'm trying to get a decent picture up here but no luck so far. I found it last night and I'm no expert in varieties and errors but I'm 99 % sure on this one. There is clear doubling of Liberty and In God We Trust. Also you can see a halo of Rooselvelts head to the left side. I looked on E-bay and tried gogle and couldn't find an example.

Upvote 0

XX

Jan 11, 2008
First and foremost.

Get a loupe, or maginifier, and check to see if the mintmark is doubled. Post that info here.

thanks

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GPURS said:
USMC, there is not a 76ddo listed in the Cherrypickers guide. But, you may have a one of a kind! Good luck. Gpurs...

The Cherrypickers guide only lists some errors not all.

I also sould be suspicious of machine doubling which is fairly common and basically worthless. I have seen many of those on just about any denomination I have looked for errors on.

OP
OP
U

USMCLion

Feb 15, 2008
Thanks for the replies, I've been collecting for about 20 years and have a pretty good knowledge of varieties. I've just never gotten into dimes. I've never seen Machine doubling that shows a halo of the head before. I;ve taken a bunch of pictures of it but with it being a dime you can't see any of the detail in the pictures (cheap camera). I'll hang onto it and take it with me to the next show I go too. Those dealers are pretty honest unless your trying to sell it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions