Dime hunter question--

jcole8

Jan 19, 2011
So I have done a few quite a few halves since my beginners luck Jackpot with pretty average take, no bens yet still waiting
But over the last few weeks I have cycled through around 500-700 $ in dimes and early in the year i did probably enough to round that up to $1000 ..

I came out with only a single 1964 rosie, is this a terrible average or am I crazy ?

I am determined to keep going with dimes. I know there is not much to do other than keep on searchin, but is there something I could be doing wrong ? (almost every roll I have touched has been the clear plastic guys cant find much else)

Thanks for any help!

Upvote 0

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe try finding bags off machines, if that is available in your area. If your in a rural area...road trip.

Good luck!

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In my area coin machines reject silver. Do other machines not reject it? I'd love to buy a bag of coins, but I can't see any reason to if they don't have silver.

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
I once did 6 $500 boxes of skunk dimes in a row. A few boxes previous I found 18 Mercuries and 2 Roosevelts in one $500 box I then went back to the same bank and bought what I hoped was the twin to that box it was a skunk. There is no formula to dime hunting The worst boxes to find are the solid 2010s. Also the clear plastic rolls have been great to me

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
clear plastic rolls stink (here). Paper-wrapped and customer rolled are great. I normally average about 1/$150.

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
Get customer rolls. I used to average 1 silver per $50 but have been averaging 1 silver per $100 for the past year. However, full rolls of silver are out there and I have found them several times (32 silver rolls in all). Just stick with the law of averages and it will pay off.

OWS

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
I have searched just over 100 $500 bags of dimes, in a little over 3 years. I have been skunked 2x (both just recently). The Best was 293. If I exclude the exceptional boxes, I would say I average, 3 to 4 silvers per bag.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When you go to the bank do you ask for customer rolls vs the clear?

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dave5710 said:
I have searched just over 100 $500 bags of dimes, in a little over 3 years. I have been skunked 2x (both just recently). The Best was 293. If I exclude the exceptional boxes, I would say I average, 3 to 4 silvers per bag.

Ive roughly went thru 700-800 in dimes and came out with 2 here in the last 2 weeks :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread