Dime & Penny box

Okie115

Apr 15, 2012
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well just got done working over a box of dimes and a box of pennies. The dime box was the first to go. The bad part is I think my son is jinxing the rolls for me. He comes across the room and grabs a roll and tells me "Do this one next daddy." about every couple of minutes. So by the time I'm done I have nothing worth keeping except a 2012-D that is one of the best looking dimes I've seen in a while deep marks and perfect centering. It's pretty sad when the best in the box is newest. So my son leaves me alone after the dimes and I bust into my pennies. Got 10 wheats 1917, 26-S, 44, 45, 46-D, 2x 51-D, 52-D, 53-D, 56-D, a couple of dimes, and a nice beat up slug. Go me! Tomorrow is another day, and I will lock myself in a room that my son can't come in and jinx my boxes.

Upvote 0

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, when it comes to CRH I prefer to do it alone. It's kinda like my escape. But my daughter loves to do it with me and will bug me non stop. Sometimes I get frustrated cause I kinda just want to enjoy it by myself. Besides my daughter is 3 and can't really "help" much.
I figured early on that I would literally need to lock myself in a room to be alone.
Try to enjoy it WITH your son and think of them as your GOOD luck charm because in the end they ARE !
Once in a while I will sneak off to do a box by myself but mostly now I embrace my daughters "help". Gotta get your priorities straight!

OP
OP
O

Okie115

Apr 15, 2012
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My son is 4 and he "helps" often, I don't mind at all just blaming him for the skunk boxes. :icon_thumleft:

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'26-s is a better date coin. Worth a little if in good shape. Hard to find in circulation!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread