Dimes: 4 out of 5

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to my branch banks Saturday morning and picked up 5-boxes of dimes, and yet I still seem to get a FULL BOX of NEW 2016 dimes. When will they ever stop for this year?
Speaking of NEW, asked one of my tellers if she had any $2 bills, yes she did, a total of 71-bills ($142), of which 58-were crisp new 2013 issues, that had two individual serial # groups of 25 & 26 bills each all in sequential number order. Not a one RED seal among them all. Going to keep these as flat pressed as possible for future collection consideration.

Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
open 'em at the counter--if new--give 'em back. I feel your pain :laughing7: tellers won't care, maybe time for some Merc enders to soothe your dilemma

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Anytime I get a full NEW box of dimes, I either swap even at my local McDonalds, or spend them at retail shops until next weekends bank run.

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
The tellers at my banks will usually open the boxes for me just to make sure they aren't newbies as they know I don't want them... One good thing about String & Son boxes is they have holes, so you can see right away if they're newbies or not without tampering with the box.

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's interesting...I just picked up $100 in $2 bills and they were brand new 2013, all in sequential order. Is there any value in having sequential bills like that?

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Ugggg. I feel your pain, I once had a box with 25% of it's coins being uncirculated 1962 Canadian cents lol, only time I was very happy about uncirculated coins in a box. I would open it on the spot, and exchange if they are uncirculated, as mentioned before.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Notice its reduced and that's the offer price, not sold.

okay, sold listing shows 20-80$ a coin, still a pretty good return if you can find a few, even if it is just 1 per box....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions