Dimes , dimes , everywhere!!

prodrigsr

Mar 12, 2008
South Texas
Detector(s) used
CZ6a and Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
went to harlingen to one of my favorite tot lots. Always gives me lots of clad for you know who, but as soon as I turned the corner, LOCKED!!Dang it !1 Had to resort to the soccer fields next to them. As soon as I got the tector going I found a dime. Then another, another another another another etc.--- That field was loaded with dimes. I also managed to get me a silver horse ring that came in at dime/quarter on my 250. I know I missed alot of clad with the sniper but did OK anyway. Ground was hard as usual and all of the finds were field finds so I am super tired. Did take plenty of water this time. Also found in the field my first Mexican coin cache!! Here are the pics and totals.
17 quarters
6 nickels
58 dimes
1 silver ring
1 watch, (obviously not a Timex,not working)
Mexican cache:

Attachments

• 91011 003.jpg
    91011 003.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 965
  • 91011 004.jpg
    91011 004.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 971
  • 91011 006.jpg
    91011 006.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 968
  • 91011.jpg
    91011.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 948
Upvote 0
It all spends tooooo.

Nice hunt! was the Mexican cache all in one hole?

Shark27

Shark27 said:
Nice hunt! was the Mexican cache all in one hole?

Shark27Yep except for the 20 centavo one(brass looking)

I'm impressed with the size of your haul, way to go! And with how much energy you put into it digging each one in hard dirt too. Good thing the tot lot was locked up. Andi

You must have some pretty big guns to have done all that digging! Good haul.

Dude... gotta love finding all that clad... domestic as well as foriegn. I do have one observation though. In your pic of the Mexican cache... you have a big ol' Chuckee Cheese token in there my friend. Unless they started minting their tokens south of the border I don't think that one qualifies. <grin> Just an observation.

~HAPPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

The silver horse ring is really cool! 8)

I bet it would polish up nicely! :thumbsup:

Dave

That's a good day digging. Maybe you could donate that ring to some crying Indianapolis Colts fan. I think they are gonna need some cheering up this year. Kind of Ironic too that you are in Texas. The Texans just handed the Colts their butts!

Frodov said:
Dude... gotta love finding all that clad... domestic as well as foriegn. I do have one observation though. In your pic of the Mexican cache... you have a big ol' Chuckee Cheese token in there my friend. Unless they started minting their tokens south of the border I don't think that one qualifies. <grin> Just an observation.

~HAPPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

No Frodov,thats not a chuckee cheese toke, that is Speedy Gonzaulez, the new mascot of Mexico. lol

Over $10 in clad is impressive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back