Dimes- how important is it not to poop where you eat?

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I my area I am not seeing a correlation between dumping into a pickup bank and drop off in production at that bank.

SilverSharpie

Mar 16, 2012
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I know, I know. Don't deposit where you pick up. With all the billions and billions of dimes, is that less of an evil? Thoughts please.

I don't think it's any less evil. In fact, it may be more evil, because dimes are used everyday in commercial transactions. Not so with half dollars. Dimes would otherwise go to a business that needs them.

It isn't so much of searching the same coins over again, but overburdening the tellers. When you start giving them back in mass quantities after you just ordered them... That's when the trouble begins. They will notice and cut you off. I can always tell when a certain branch has dealt with other CRHers because I am met with scorn and attitude when I ask for coins. They usually will say things like "You aren't gonna return these, right?" or "Are you looking for silver?" or "Because of the large volume of coins we process, that will be a XX.XX fee."

I always try to be considerate to the tellers, chat them up, bring them donuts, etc. I don't mind paying 5 bucks for a dozen donuts every few weeks, if it means the tellers are nice and I don't pay a $7.50 fee per box. With the volume I run, even the smallest fee would put an end to my CRH activities. A little goes a long way in the customer service dept.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread