Dimes Update

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
I picked up my $3K in dimes yesterday- I remember why I hate them things hahaha. Had some luck which dulled the pain a little. Went through 6 boxes last night, no silver hoard (or gold coin) yet but did good for dimes.
Box 1= 1 Rosie
Box 2= 2 Rosies
Box 3= Foul smell
Box 4= 2 Mercs and 1 Rosie
Box 5= 6 Rosies
Box 6= 1 Merc and 1 Rosie
Went through 1 box this AM and got 1 Merc and 1 Rosie. Nice to start the day with silver.
Here's a pic of Box #2 when I openned it- that was fun. HH all, Mark
DSCN1554_edited.jpg

DSCN1552_edited.jpg

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Good going Mark, silver in any coin form is good! Don't know about you, but I never have luck w/the plastic rolls. I never find canadian dimes in them, and if I don't get canadians, I don't find US silver. It's like the rolls are filtered before, similar to a coin counting machine which kicks out canadians and silver.

AMC

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't stop this guy.....he just keeps going and going and going and going...........

Nice job on the dimes Mark.......

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Re: Dimes Update/2nd Day

AMC rulz said:
Good going Mark, silver in any coin form is good! Don't know about you, but I never have luck w/the plastic rolls. I never find canadian dimes in them, and if I don't get canadians, I don't find US silver. It's like the rolls are filtered before, similar to a coin counting machine which kicks out canadians and silver.

AMC
I was expecting these to be the plastic rolls- last time I bought dimes from this bank they were but that was last year. Had another good run on the second 6 boxes today, almost tied yesterday.
Box 7= 1 Rosie and 1 Merc
Box 8= 1 Rosie
Box 9= 5 Rosies
Box 10= 1 Rosie
Box 11= 4 Rosies
Box 12= Skunkaroo
For a 12 total of 24 Rosies and 3 Mercs. Not bad considering when I did dimes before I averaged 1 a box and the last time I did dimes I got 1 Rosie out of 4 boxes. Looks like the volume thing is working- see what happens with the 24 boxes I get tomarrow. HH Mark

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
LJ said:
You can't stop this guy.....he just keeps going and going and going and going...........

Nice job on the dimes Mark.......
Thanks LJ. This week has been murder for withdrawals only having 2 boxes of halves most days and knowing I picked up the last 2 today. Imagine when I get my fill of gold on vacation I will be back hard and heavy- there should really be a 12 step program for this haha.
I bought another 10oz bar at the PM dealer today but is not the same haha. HH Mark

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Wow! Nice persistence...I have never had the guts to search dimes...my only foray into this denomination was when I saw two silvers in the tellers tray, and bought them!

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
STDevil said:
Wow! Nice persistence...I have never had the guts to search dimes...my only foray into this denomination was when I saw two silvers in the tellers tray, and bought them!
As long as I'm just swapping my money from one form to another I'm not spending it. My Saturday pickup has been 5 or 6K for several months now so guess what I got today. I called this AM to see if my coins came in, she says I've got 6 thousand dollars in dimes for you- Are you crazy? I told her she was lucky I like silver better than copper- could have been 240 boxes instead of 24.
BTW got through 6 boxes tonight, not as good as that last batch- haven't got to the Mother Lode box yet. Got 7 Rosies and 1 very worn '24 Merc. HH all, Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread