DIMES

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
All of my half dollar veins are tapped out! I still pick up whatever loose and CWRs that I can find. I am finding 3-4 40%ers a month.

My new goal is 2-3 dime boxes a day, 6 days a week. Hopefully I will find 15-20 silver dimes a week.

So far:
Sunday
Box #1 - 2 FDRs
Box #2 - 3 FDRs
Monday
Box #1 skunk
Box #2 1 FDR
Tuesday
Box #1 4 FDRs and 1x1968 Canadian (50% Ag)
Box #2 1 FDR
Box #3 1 Merc (1944)
Wed
Box #1 skunk
Box #2 skunk
Thurs
Box #1 shunk
Box #2 2 FDRs
Box #3 shunk

Totals: 14 US silver dimes and one 50% Canadian dime

Upvote 2

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One box today, and my First box of 99.8% BU 2014 P Dimes... lol

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One box today, and my First box of 99.8% BU 2014 P Dimes... lol
Okay could you or someone answer this lol what would you do if no banks around you had no free coin machines? Wild you just roll them back up or what it the best way if no machines? I spend more time rolling everything back up than I would like. Any other options?

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okay could you or someone answer this lol what would you do if no banks around you had no free coin machines? Wild you just roll them back up or what it the best way if no machines? I spend more time rolling everything back up than I would like. Any other options?

ask your local banks that you have accounts with about turning in large sum of coins, how they want it and stuff... We cant give you answers that are limited to your area... Would love to help but thats the best i can offer..

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My arrangement allowed me to dump $500 in bagged rolled coin. Before that, I was allowed to dump $500 in loose dimes over the counter (the C.U. put an end to that after a year or two). The tellers would have to unwrap the rolls, and send out the dimes loose anyways, but towards the end would only accept rolled coin. Re-rolling dimes wasn't a problem for me as I could edge search and re-roll $5 in about 10 seconds if I wasn't in a hurry.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My arrangement allowed me to dump $500 in bagged rolled coin. Before that, I was allowed to dump $500 in loose dimes over the counter (the C.U. put an end to that after a year or two). The tellers would have to unwrap the rolls, and send out the dimes loose anyways, but towards the end would only accept rolled coin. Re-rolling dimes wasn't a problem for me as I could edge search and re-roll $5 in about 10 seconds if I wasn't in a hurry.
10 seconds dang that's fast! I just edge search as well I don't bother checking the faces of them. If machined rolled I just rip the paper along the length of it and wrap it back up and tape it lol that's the fastest I've found

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only read the last 10 pages of these 1127 posts. Interesting.
Anyone have their tally since thread began?(just over 2 years)
That would be hard numbers. City and or state also.
Ray

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One box today, 1964 fdr, 1945 merc, and a 1968 Canadian.
IMG_4449.JPG
IMG_4451.JPG

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pulled a 64 roosie out of a coinstar today! My first coinstar reject find! Along with it were some Canadian coins and some nice 2010 dimes as well... How do nicer new dimes get rejected??

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
went to pick up one box today and went over it quickly so i can take it and yesterdays box to dump, today's box gave me a 1962 and 1963. I dumped both boxes went to a different bank and picked up one more box. Now Im home, and sadly no silver from first pick up or the dump banks reject tube.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two boxes today. Pictures tell the story, better than me.
image.jpg
image.jpg

This Panama coin was a very interesting find for me, surely a surprise. Would have been more cool if it was silver and not clad, as it has a copper edge like a heavily worn dime.
image.jpg
image.jpg

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Panamanian coins were minted in the US up until 1983, fun fact, and is on a 1:1 parity with the dollar. You have yourself a Panamanian dime.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can tell that '68 Canadian is silver, just by the patina!

Yeah, the box produced one of the modern Canadian dimes, right away I noticed the 68 was different from the 1992 one. The 1992 has a more blue to it, and it was also magnetic...

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One box today, it gave me two modern Canadian dimes, and one 1963D fdr. Checked reject slots at two banks, got some foreign coins and a 1964 quarter.. image.jpg
image.jpg

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two boxes today.

Box 1, 2 silvers.
box 2, 3 silvers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread