Ding Ding My First 2 Rings

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
finally got a chance to check out the lake beach at the state park close to my house...... hunted for about an hour or so before the park ranger told me MD wasnt allowed in the state park even though the lady I talked to on the phone said "only in the beach area"......oh well

anyway... first 2 hits i found pulltabs....3rd hit was the ladies class ring it does have initials in it so it shouldnt be too hard to find the owner the only other markings are "sp pat pend"....... and after a few clad signals i got a pretty good hit and i dug the scoop in the sand...rechecked the hole signal still there...dumped sand out of the scoop and checked it...signal there too.... found a quarter that was in the scoop and then dug the second signal and found the silver ring.... stone looks like onyx but i'm not sure....it is marked .925 and "an" dunno what that means.... well i'll hush now so you can look at the pics.

HH
Marty

Attachments

• rings.jpg
    rings.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 515
  • class ring.jpg
    class ring.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 523
  • silver1.jpg
    silver1.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 486
  • silver2.jpg
    silver2.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 473
Upvote 0

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Re: Ding Ding 2 Rings

Gratz on the rings Dig-It.

Looking for my first beach type area here in KY mountains to see if I can find my first ring. Err my wifes first found ring I meant, as long as no owner can be located.

Postalrevnant

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Awesome digs, congrats on your firsts.
Looks like these may both belong to the same person because they were in the same hole and possibly lost at the same time.
Maybe they will be your first retuned items too. That will be rewarding.

WTG!

Smiles!
BDoo

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o MARTY!!! :o

Just look at you!!!!!! Awesome finds!

You need to call the state park back and see if you can get them to clarify! >:( That stinks! No telling what else you may have found!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Nana ;)

OP
OP
Marty-Graw

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
booby... the rings werent in the same hole......they were about 30 feet apart...... the silver ring was in the same hole with a quarter lol

Nana.....it was getting dark and i had just called the kids in out of the water so we could go anyway...... BUT the point is..the lady told me i could, the he showed me the paper that said detecting is prohibited.....guess i will just have to talk to the manager or supervisor or whatever his title is lol

midas777gold

May 29, 2006
You shouldn't be detecting while the beach is open with swimmers in the water. I betcha that's why the Ranger had a problem with it. Best to go when the park is closed before swimmers get there. As one Ranger told me here, the beach is FOR SWIMMING. Detectors not allowed when there's swimmers in the water. Try it at sunrise.

OP
OP
Marty-Graw

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
i wasnt in the water i was on the sand, also if the park is closed i cant get in... there are gates with security guards

midas777gold

May 29, 2006
A State Park with security guards? What kind of area is the park in?
Even the inner city beaches in Boston don't have any guards.
Is that typical down south?

OP
OP
Marty-Graw

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
at 9pm they close the park and wont let anyone in unless they are guests of the chalets or campground

midas777gold

May 29, 2006
OH, that explains it. The campgrounds here are the same way. The only way I can hit the Campgrounds is on the off season. Just wait til Fall. Sounds like a great spot to detect.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marty,

Congratulations!! I knew that day was coming soon and that you would find something really awesome. Two rings in the same day, what luck. WTG! ;D

;) River

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread