dirt pile points

jsu

Nov 29, 2007
NE Georgia
Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT
i posted these points along with a couple coins and bullets in today's finds a week ago .thought i would share these with the people on this stream.i was detecting around the park and i saw a pile of dirt on the edge of the woods.so i scanned it and found a 1865 2 cent piece and a couple of minie balls.while i was digging the targets i kept finding these pieces of flint and broken points.i know its not much and all of them are broken.but i did find a nice one (which my friend is framing for me when i get it back i`ll post the picture) its dark grey with a light blue streak going across it.thanks for checking these out.

Attachments

• HPIM1464.JPG
    HPIM1464.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 342
  • HPIM1465.JPG
    HPIM1465.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 342
  • HPIM1467.JPG
    HPIM1467.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 345
Upvote 0

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds there,That would never happen to me....Like the coin too!

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
That's alot of stuff to find in a dirt pile! The concentration must be pretty high... If I were in that situation I would have set the detector aside and sifted that whole dirt pile ASAP!!!

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Wow, that makes sense.. natural springs often had camps by them. To each their own but I personally wouldn't be able to sleep until I had sifted it all! ;D

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, just shame they are all broke, keep looking you might find some whole points,good luck.

Molly :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread