jarocki

May 27, 2013
Evansville, IN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 (Tracker 4)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had such expectations today. I went on the north side if wildcat creek in kokomo. I spent 5 hours out hunting. Found 1 quarter, 1 dime, 3 nickels (1-1964), and 12 pennies. I also found a battle ship from the monopoly game. My daughter found the wheel. Since the park was uses for the circus it was speculated the the water was uses for that. The wheel was found by my daughter (1st artifact). She showed up near the end of the day. A man that was detecting was in the park last week after the rides went done a claimed to have found $30.00 in change and 4 rings. Oh well, but 5 hours and only a little bit of stuff, and nothing very old.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130713_215715.png
    ForumRunner_20130713_215715.png
    170 KB · Views: 110
  • ForumRunner_20130713_215727.png
    ForumRunner_20130713_215727.png
    238.4 KB · Views: 105

GRiley

Apr 15, 2013
North Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3
Whites 6000/DI Pro SL
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry your day didn't work out better. That park has so much history. It has hosted a Ringling Brothers Circus that was held there in 1915 and because of heavy rain almost didn't get out. It was called Smith Bottoms then. It has hosted Boxing matches, Carnivals, Baseball games, Camp meetings, the first jail in the city, many Rally's and a host of other gatherings. A lot of the grounds have been covered by drives and ball courts and the like. I'm sure it's been gone over many many times but at least the chance for some good finds was there. As they often say on here a place like this is never hunted out. It would be great to know what has been found there over the years.

5 hrs was quite a hunt. I hope you enjoyed the time spent with your daughter and she didn't get bored. Do you know what detector the other guy uses? ....GRiley

OP
OP
jarocki

jarocki

May 27, 2013
Evansville, IN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 (Tracker 4)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes he was using a whites gtx, he found a wheat penny while I was talking to my daughter when she showed up. I asked if I could compare my machine to his when he found something. He found a dime and the signal was good, I would have dug it. I found a bunch of tabs, and I know that's part of it, passing on the tabs is just not an option, for it might be gold. He speculated that the wheel my daughter found was used for water when the circus used the park. He also said that the park would not be hunted out either. I try to go and have fun, but the bottom of the back is hot, and I was digging rocks. I moved toward the tot lot, but that gravel is so hard, it was very difficult to dig. I ended up walking around the open areas, checking the bleachers and picnic tables. It was a long day, and to only have found what little I did, was frustrating. It happens.

GRiley

Apr 15, 2013
North Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3
Whites 6000/DI Pro SL
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went up to Foster park this evening. They had something going on. It was crowded with a lot of people sitting on the ground around a stage. They have really covered the grounds in parking lots and drives. What a shame. I'm not into finding clad coins that much. I guess it would still be ok for that. They should rename it Foster Parking Lot. It was once a nice park.............GRiley

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread