Disappointing hunt today.

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been planning on hitting a shallow section of a river and finally got the opportunity to go today. There is a park there and people have swam in that area for years.

It wasā€¦ a big disappointment. Not only was there a ton of trash (I expected that), but the digging was very difficult due to all the river rock. Iā€™m sure there are good targets to be found, but I couldnā€™t go into the deeper water because I was using only rubber boots.

On a positive note, on the way home I stopped at a house across the street from an interesting looking lot and asked the lady if she knew who might own the land. At first she didnā€™t seem like she wanted to answer, but then she said she owned it. I asked if she minded if I metal detected sometime and she said she didnā€™t care but didnā€™t think I would find much. I know there used to be a small country store on the lot, so Iā€™m hoping that could lead to something being there.

I told her that my wife had a great aunt that used to live in the house and asked her if she knew my wife and she said ā€œyes, she is my cousin.ā€ Turns out I had met her many years before at a family gathering.

I got a future hunting area so the day wasn't a total bust. :)

For the ā€œtoo long, didnā€™t readā€ crowd, here is the short version. :laughing7:

River hunt sucked. On the way home, stopped and got permission to hunt a lot where a small country store used to be.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on your new spot and you got out so any chance to hunt is a good day.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey the day did not turn out bad at all..Good luck..HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread