Upvote 0

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very early stages of one... More pics would be nice. Not much of a divot there from the pic, so maybe just a hammerstone or nutting stone, but its nice either way

Where is it said to be from? I see u r from Georgia, but i have stuff here in Pa that is exactly like that material

OP
OP
WhiskeyCreek

WhiskeyCreek

Tenderfoot
Mar 1, 2015
Southeast Georgia
Detector(s) used
Xtera
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly it has been so many years ago. I thought it was just a paper weight. I must really say that my mind tells me this came from the desert out west. I am pretty sure the one that gave me this went out west and brought this back. I am pretty certain it was not from Georgia. I want to think this came from around Arizona and that area. My memory is not that good now on the piece. It is one of those things you do not think much about then and now you wish you would have. Thanks for the replies. I may try to post some more pictures. It looks like it could have some sparkles in it granite perhaps?

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah.... that is sweet.
I just tried to add a picture of a banner stone I have made from the similar looking material... but I am not sure it attached. Says it crashes.... this happened before, but ended up attaching the pictures anyway... well, here goes nothing. ..

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok... didn't work. But I am sure it will this time!!

ForumRunner_20150302_163911.png

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago, when I was first lurking on this site, things like that were called biscuit stones. I don't know if that term still holds any water or not. And I have no idea whether they were the final 'thing' or a partially completed item. Seems far to uniform to be anything but an artifact. Thanks for posting:thumbsup:

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow- cool to see that link-- back when I was moving - so I missed it at the time. Biscuit stone. Good to know my memory isn't collapsed!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread