Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had this issue a few times. I place a link in the link box and when it comes up on the slate my cursor is at the end of the posted link and nothing I do will disconnect from the posted link. If I hit return and start to type the link continues with me. If I hit return and type, highlight the letters I just typed and hit "remove link" it removes the letters just typed as well as the the link itself even though it wasn't highlighted. It's as if the posted link hangs on to the cursor and whatever I type even if I go 2 lines down with return. Hitting Tab makes the cursor disappear.

I tried posting with just the link, then going back in to edit and the cursor is at the end of the link with the same results. I was finally able to make a post with two links and a comment, but I don't know what I did as it took me a good half hour playing back and forth with it.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it just on here that it happens when you are posting? I have never heard of a link staying attached to a cursor? Staying in copy and paste yes.

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Might work?
Try hitting SHIFT and ENTER together when you're at the end of the posted link.
That should stop the behavior you are describing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread