Discovery TF 900 - opinions?

BenUK

Dec 31, 2007
I am seriously thinking about buying a Discovery TF 900 two box detector. I am located in the UK, and my intended use is cache / hoard hunting. I have read that it will detect large objects buried many feet down, and I am after a unit that will detect medium to large objects (e.g. pots of coins, roman artifacts / weapons / jewelery) down to about one meter, with very large caches down to 2 meters.

One of the deciding factors for me in selecting this particular unit is the automatic ground balancing, a feature which appears to be missing from the other 2 box units I have looked at (e.g. the Garret CX and 2B Mega Explorer).

Does anybody have any experience of using this detector? Are there any irritating / limiting factors that are not immediately obvious until you start using it? Does it live up to the depth claims? Would you recommend it?

Advice much appreciated. Sorry if this topic has been covered before, but there doesn't appear to be a search function on the forum.

dazoff

Aug 7, 2007
Lower Mainland Vancouver,BC
Detector(s) used
To many to say
I have a whites TM-800 which was made for whites by Discovery I'm told the Discovery product is superior. I also have a fisher Gemini 3 that I haven't used much. After Discovery stopped making the two-box for whites, whites started making there own I don't have enough time in to advice but everything I've heard from other users is the Discovery product is second to none. You might check the gold forum or cache area for advice. Dan

OP
OP
B

BenUK

Dec 31, 2007
Thanks for the advice. I have taken the plunge and ordered one!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions