pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sensitivity shouldn't change disc that much..

Hey there, Steve!

Just checking, but it's not in all-metal; right? (had to ask) If someone has adjusted threshold too low and you're in all metal and didn't notice, adjusting disc won't do anything. Have you changed the internal adjustments?

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is in motion disc/ normal. I did adjust sensitivity last year but didn't have this problem. I'm just wondering if sensitivity adjustment can help the discrimination or if it has to go back to Tesoro.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Steve, I sure hope not. I've noted you had more trouble this year - living in bobbypin paradise. That magnet in your scoop gets bigger everytime I look. You've sure saved a lot of them from extinction! Hopefully it's an adjustment. You put a lot of time in last season. A good machine is a finely tuned one. I hope that's all it is.

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I opened the Tiger Shark and adjusted the sensitivity knob to where bobby pins are back to the scratchy beep and gold ring has a solid beep. Now I got to get back in the water and check it out. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got out today for around 2 1/2 hours in the water today. The Tiger Shark was doing much better. I still got a few bobby pins but could hear that they probably were bobby pins but at that point targets were so scarce that I was digging a lot of iffy signals. It was real nice to be right on most of my guesses. I will probably try to fine tune it just a bit more, but very happy with it now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread