discussion on the various possible theories that may be applicable to LrLs

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Re: discussion on the various possible theories that may be applicable to LrL's

I think Mr. Don has moved on to how strange emissions by the sun are somehow related to treasure hunting and Long Range Locators
Well SWR..We know that the solar weather has an influence on Dowsing..You claim that using a LRL is just Dowsing..So have you changed your mind again?..Art

J__P

Jan 12, 2010

aarthrj3811 said:
I think Mr. Don has moved on to how strange emissions by the sun are somehow related to treasure hunting and Long Range Locators
Well SWR..We know that the solar weather has an influence on Dowsing..You claim that using a LRL is just Dowsing..So have you changed your mind again?..Art
Hi aarthrj3811,

Please take note that this thread is not about dowsing. It is about theories that could be applicable to long range locating. Your comments about solar weather and dowsing do not contribute to theories that may be applicable to long range locating as far as I know. Am I wrong?

Maybe the solar weather you are talking about is more appropriate to post in this thread where solar conditions are allegedly about to end life as we know it.... http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,398428.0.html

Think so?

Best wishes,
J_P

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.

The ultimate goal is for a LRL that works on a consistent basis, not affected by any anomalies, whether solar, magnetic, reflected,

lunar, or otherwise. We have been able to eliminate all but the earth caused, and most of them. Each problem requires a different

theory and experimentation to either minimize or eliminate. The theories behind the Bionic 01, the Examiner, the MFD's, the H-3,

and the Electroscopeare all different. Whether or not they function to everyone's satisfaction, they lock the same targets. Seen

this too many times to argue the point. Once the final obstacles are sidestepped, the % should be well over 80%.

Now it would seem to me that the brainiacs that have asked so many questions and act like they know everything, would want

to be the one that made that final leap. But that would require actual EFFORT. And God forbid that happen.

An dat de truth,,, SHO-NUFF

Rudy(CA)

Sep 24, 2004

SWR said:
I think Mr. Don has moved on to how strange emissions by the sun are somehow related to treasure hunting and Long Range Locators :dontknow:

Maybe then the experimentation should be done at night and then we need not worry about solar emissions and can concentrate
on the nocturnal ones? :read2: :sign13:

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California

I hate it when people insist that you jump through hoops, merely to play their amazing game.

Is there something wrong with just presenting your ideas, like everyone else does?

:dontknow:

J__P

Jan 12, 2010

EE THr said:
I hate it when people insist that you jump through hoops, merely to play their amazing game.

Is there something wrong with just presenting your ideas, like everyone else does?

Hi EE THr,

If you have a clue what Mr. Don has in mind to prove we have unused senses, it hinges around feeling the different textures of various paint chips. The whole trick depends on the power of suggestion that you should acclimate yourself to notice very small differences in the surface texture of various pigments. These differences include a different amount of slipperyness, as no two paint chips have exactly the same surface due to difference in the coarseness of different pigments and resins from different paint batches. I happen to know this because I was affiliated with paint companies for years. The slipperyness you can feel is caused by the "flattness" of the paint surface which is intended to be about the same, but is never exactly the same. The slight differences can be felt between different batches, especially when you change the amount and color of pigments in the batch. Hence, my objections to using paint chips, which I know can be felt to have a different texture to people who acclimate themselves to feeling for it.

You can prove it to yourself by lightly stroking painted surfaces in total darkness to see the difference does not disappear when the color is totally gone. This can be felt by anyone whose fingers are sensitive enough to feel slight surface differences from the paint pigments and resins. It is a simple magicians trick that we are expected to believe will prove we can feel colors. And it is not true, as we can easily see by stroking different colors on our computer screen where the composition of the surface does not change like it does between different painted surfaces.

The illusion appears when we see the part of the paint chip our finger is not touching, and we hear someone suggesting this same color exists at the dark place under our finger, which it does not. While we hear the suggestion that we have trained our fingers to feel color, we are simply feeling variations in the pigment/resin surface, not colors. If it was true we can feel colors, then it would work by feeling the paint chips I posted above on our computer screen. But it does not work.

I agree we should move on to hear Mr. Don's explanation of LRL theory, but without using magician's tricks to falsly demonstrate we can feel colors.

Best wishes,
J_P

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California

RDT is big on suggestion. He claims that hypnosis is good because it can "unlock" inherent psychic abilities.

But when I asked why it wouldn't be more important to find out why psychic abilities are "locked" in the first place, I got no answer. Personally, I don't want to be dependent on someone else's control, in order to use all of my abilities.

One of human beings' best attributes is independence, and hypnosis is counter to that. Even self-hypnosis is only adding something to the mix, which shouldn't be necessary. That's as bad as chanting or having to say a magic spell, in order to do something that we apparently can do naturally.

I'm not good at follow-the-leader, with vague promises of some mysterious, amazing, reward. Sounds too much like blind religion or puppetry to me.

Just sayin'....

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ok gentlemen, since as we will go progressively forward, we need something to confirm, as well
as we can, that we are actually getting positive results. For this reason I am concentrating on developing
your sensitivities enough to be able to prove the results to your self.

To me, it doesn't matter, since I have already gone through this. I will give you a little example.

One of the methods for determining a reaction in an experiment was to stroke a prepared plate. a
change in the reaction indicated shall we say resonance / drag, ?? for the moment.

I frankly, originally thought "what silliness", and almost forgot it.

One day I was in the bank, as usual it had a long line. I had a large book on Anatomy, by Carmine Clementes.

It had a smooth, shiny cover. In my experiments on passing human energy for psychic healing,
I would lightly stroke the subjects hand while visualizing the passing of energy. When the actual
passage would start, I would suddenly notice a very increased drag. This series of experiments were
extremely successful - another story, possibly later..

Being bored, I placed the book on the counter and idly commenced to stroke it. At first nothing,
and was about to call it a bit of silliness, then suddenly I noticed that there was a definite increased drag when
I was visualizing a contact. By lightly stroking the cover of the book, thinking "increase", I could feel the increased drag.

It finally increased to the point to where I could lightly drag the book on the counter while imagining the better
psychic (?) contact. It could be turned on and off by thought. hmmm?

I returned home and laced the book on flat pan balance and commenced experimenting again. I would put
on just enough pressure in the stroking to not move the book, while in a shall we say, 'neutral thought'.

Then, while continuing to drag my finger tips across the book, imagining (?) an increase in the stickiness, the
book would move. I carefully monitored the balance to be sure that I wasn't inadvertently increasing the pressure,
creating more friction, in fact, several times I found that I had actually lightened the pressure.

Several days of experimentation with predictable, repeatable, results, convinced me that the stick plate system of detection had
definite Value.

I defy anyone to explain how I was able to move the book with the same pressure, or less, upon
demand. Remember, I have a jealously guarded reputation for telling the truth, and have nothing to gain by fabrication now.

Don Jose de La Mancha

J__P

Jan 12, 2010

Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Ok gentlemen, since as we will go progressively forward, we need something to confirm, as well
as we can, that we are actually getting positive results. For this reason I am concentrating on developing
your sensitivities enough to be able to prove the results to your self.

To me, it doesn't matter, since I have already gone through this. I will give you a little example.

One of the methods for determining a reaction in an experiment was to stroke a prepared plate. a
change in the reaction indicated shall we say resonance / drag, ?? for the moment.

I frankly, originally thought "what silliness", and almost forgot it.

One day I was in the bank, as usual it had a long line. I had a large book on Anatomy, by Carmine Clementes.

It had a smooth, shiny cover. In my experiments on passing human energy for psychic healing,
I would lightly stroke the subjects hand while visualizing the passing of energy. When the actual
passage would start, I would suddenly notice a very increased drag. This series of experiments were
extremely successful - another story, possibly later..

Being bored, I placed the book on the counter and idly commenced to stroke it. At first nothing,
and was about to call it a bit of silliness, then suddenly I noticed that there was a definite increased drag when
I was visualizing a contact. By lightly stroking the cover of the book, thinking "increase", I could feel the increased drag.

It finally increased to the point to where I could lightly drag the book on the counter while imagining the better
psychic (?) contact. It could be turned on and off by thought. hmmm?

I returned home and laced the book on flat pan balance and commenced experimenting again. I would put
on just enough pressure in the stroking to not move the book, while in a shall we say, 'neutral thought'.

Then, while continuing to drag my finger tips across the book, imagining (?) an increase in the stickiness, the
book would move. I carefully monitored the balance to be sure that I wasn't inadvertently increasing the pressure,
creating more friction, in fact, several times I found that I had actually lightened the pressure.

Several days of experimentation with predictable, repeatable, results, convinced me that the stick plate system of detection had
definite Value.

I defy anyone to explain how I was able to move the book with the same pressure, or less, upon
demand. Remember, I have a jealously guarded reputation for telling the truth, and have nothing to gain by fabrication now.

Don Jose de La Mancha
Hi Mr. Don,

I see you are leading us to "sticky-finger" dowsing, also known as "sticker dowsing" and "stick pad" radionics, in order to demonstrate we have unused senses in our fingers.
http://www.suite101.com/content/unusual-dowsing-techniques-a22938
http://www.berkanapath.com/radionics/87/radionics-stick-pad/
http://josephmax.wordpress.com/page/2/Hmmm....

I never thought dowsing could be a good example to demonstrate un-noticed senses. But who knows?
From what I have seen, there are only a very few people who report they get a dowsing reaction at all. And those who report they do get a reaction often report results that are inconsistent. In fact most dowsers seem to refuse to allow anyone to observe them unless they have some assurance the observers will not be reporting any inadvertent failures to ordinary people who do not get a dowsing reaction. But to further complicate things, you also introduced the principle of paranormal healing and transference of energy of an undefined nature. The problem with this kind of example is we can expect it won't work for most people if it involves dowsing and paranorman experiences. And the few people who say it works will invariably become involved in arguments and name calling instead of acknowledging it is a phenomenon that is not repeatable for most people, and leads to the same argument of why nobody can give a believable demostration to convince everyone it is working.

So, for your example that is intended to convince us we have un-noticed senses in our fingers, we will first need to perform some experiments while looking for a "sticker dowsing" reaction connected to a transfer of unknown energy that can come when we change the thoughts in our mind.
It seems like a questionable proposition, as you said, but why not give it a try?

I don't have an anatomy book with a shiny cover, but I have a large binder style book from Frazee Paint company that has a vinyl cover with several glossy color stripes on the front. There is a very large glossy red area, and a very large white vinyl area where I can rub my finger to see how slippery it feels when my thoughts change.
So why not give it a go?

Here I go.
I got the Frazee Paint binder set on the computer desk and hanging over the edge so it barely does not fall.
And I can rub on the top of it in the white vinyl area just hard enough so it won't move to slide farther to the edge and fall off.
So what to think about that might cause this vinyl cover to become stickier?
I know... I will think about Mr. Don... :icon_thumleft:

I am now thinking about Mr. Don discovering the lost mines and learning the true secrets of why the king of Spain recalled the Jesuits from the new world.
Reaction? Nothing. The stickyness of the Frazee Paint book did not change.

Ok, Now I am thinking about Mr. Don's story of his anatomy book slipperyness changing at the bank.
Hmmm..... Something happening here.... The vinyl cover is starting to feel slippery....

Ok, Now I am thinking about Mr. Don's story of healing people with his paranormal powers. I imagine energy flowing through the air.
Whoa....! The vinyl book just got real sticky and it fell off the computer desk!

Unbelievable...! :o

So now we are faced with the problem to decide why my Frazee Paint book with the vinyl cover fell off the computer desk.
Here are some possible answers a person might come up with:
1. Maybe it is as Mr. Don says... we really have unknown sensors in our fingers that cause apparently magical phenomenon, such as the friction to change on a surface that we touch as our thoughts change. I may even have unwittingly healed someone when the book fell.

2. A drop of beverage may have spilled on the vinyl book cover, which was slippery for awhile until it started to dry and became sticky. (Of course I did not notice it spilling while I was so intently focused on a magical phenomenon).

3. The power of suggestion and hypnosis is strong from Mr. Don. His suggestions can leak even through a forum experiment to cause experimenters to experience things similar to subjects in a hypnotist's stage show. Maybe I imagined it got slippery and stickier, just as I imagined the Mr. Don stories of energy flowing through paranormal healing, all because of his suggestions.

4. The thoughts going through a person's mind can cause him to inadvertently press harder or softer on a surface he is rubbing, without him even realizing he is pressing harder or softer. Maybe this effect could become especially pronounced when we think of things that cause us to experience disbelief about some tall tales that are told but cannot be demonstrated to be true.

5. It could be a trick. I may have intentionally caused the book to fall, and wrote all this stuff above only so I would have some results other than a boring "didn't work" to report.

So which is it? ???

frazee5.jpg

Does anyone else have any results to report? :coffee2: :read2:

Best wishes,
J_P

Side note:
On the Frazee Paint binder, I was able to learn how to feel the different paint stripes and recognize each one.
The texture and slipperyness is very slightly different, and I can feel the differences just as well whether the lights are turned on or off.
So I guess I trained my fingers to feel some textures they were not noticing before.

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HI J_P : ***** you responded just as I believed that you would, but underlying it I sensed
a bit of doubt, or shall I say an itty bitty want to believe or truly know more...

As for your reference to radionics and unspoken reference to Dr Hieronymus, I agree 100%
I was a distant student of his in the 50's, I was unable to live with him and Dr M Love at their
home as they had requested. He had picked 5 of us for personal study under him, with a copy
of all of his notes. sigh. He did have extensive correspondence with me.

In any event, yes, I did construct many of his inventions etc. with success, including the
UCAKCO device.. As you said, the stick pad was critical for indicating max resonance or peak activity.

As for -->leads to the same argument of why nobody can give a believable demonstration to
convince everyone it is working.
common on down and see for yourself. In one case a gal that had achieved notoriety both here
and in the US via readers digest, by her intuitive chiropractic abilities, had a problem herself, When
I started to stroke her palm to instigate a transference of energy, she jumped up, ran into the other
room, then soon stuck her head out of the curtain and said simply "you shocked me "?? She would
never let me touch her again Frankly I felt nothing??

You posted-->So, for your example that is intended to convince us we have unnoticed senses in our fingers,
you certainly do, plus many others that we haven't even dreamed of.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

you posted --> So why not give it a go?

Exactly what I am suggesting. Most will not have success, but a few will. As for those that fail, there
is a simple psychological answer for that.
you posted -->I am now thinking about Mr. Don discovering the lost mines and learning the true secrets
of why the king of Spain recalled the Jesuits from the new world.
Just a super genius actually. nothing supernatural. he he All things such as this, are simple once explained.
As for Tayopa meet me in the Tayopa room.

you posted ->Reaction? Nothing. The stickiness of the Frazee Paint book did not change.

So who was at fault? Did you really try with an open mind or just posting? Remember you are training
yourself to utilize a new sense, it doesn't happen instantly. We all have the ability to hit a fast curve ball,
but only a few of us ever develop this ability enough to make it to the Major leagues. That takes time and effort.
you posted --> Ok, Now I am thinking about Mr. Don's story of healing people with his paranormal
powers. I imagine energy flowing through the air.
and frankly why can't it? After all we are not solid, but a mass of various frequencies. Since all frequencies
create others through interactive harmonics ---???

You posted-->1. It is as Mr. Don says... we really have unknown sensors in our fingers that cause
apparently magical phenomenon, such as the friction to change on a surface that we touch as our
thoughts change.
an attempt 'was' made to divorce 'friction from stickiness'. Shall we say crudely, similar to using a magnet
next to a piece of steel. As you move the magnet 'parallel' to the piece of steel, the apparent drag
-- stickiness -- gets stronger as you get nearer. so what we are merely showing is evidence of an energy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
you posted --> The power of suggestion and hypnosis is strong from Mr. Don. His suggestions can
leak even through a forum experiment to cause experimenters to experience things similar to subjects
in a hypnotist's stage show. I imagined it got slippery and stickier, just as I imagined the Mr. Don stories
of energy flowing through paranormal healing, all because of his suggestions
Actually you have posted much truth there, yes it can, and does, happen. However that is not my intention,
but to simply help you train yourself to realize that your body is fantastic. I want YOU to prove these
things to yourself.

you also posted -->4. The thoughts going through a person's mind can cause him to inadvertently
press harder or softer on a surface he is rubbing, without him even realising he is pressing harder or
softer. This effect could become especially noticeable when we think of things that cause us to
experience disbelief about some tall tales that are told but cannot be demonstrated to be true.
this is precisely why I mentioned placing the anatomy book on top of a flat surfaced balance /scale.

You posted lastly -->Does anyone else have any results to report?
I might add with more than 20 minutes spent on the experiment.

Actually I notice that swr hasn't really called me a 'fountain of misinformation on true facts' he he
but being psychic to an extent, some of you others are thinking in that line.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s sharpening my sabre

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used

You obviously haven't read it, or haven't grasped it. It has nothing to do with devices of any kind.

I would like to suggest that you contact one of the 7 LRL’s and MFD’s manufactures that I have used. They all found gold and just maybe his theories of how they work is correct.. Until then you are all just guessing..Art

J__P

Jan 12, 2010

Hi Mr. Don,

I carefully avoided detailing any of the raidionic/dowsing stuff so we could avoid clogging the place up with name calling arguments that spin in circles.
Let it suffice to say the only convincing proof comes when someone watches it working in their own personal experience.
And that is the point of the book test. to give people a chance to see if it works in their own personal experience (too bad most of us don't have your anatomy book, but I bet most of us have other shiny-cover books so we can all try it out and see if it works.

Your suggestion for a believable demonstration sounds good:
Mr. Don said:
common on down and see for yourself...
I may do that when I am free of some other obligations that keep me busy here. Actually I am more interestsed in seeing the places where the ancient Jesuits mined all that gold deep in the mountains. It seems amazing to me they could do that before any roads were paved.

Mr. Don said:
you posted ->Reaction? Nothing. The stickiness of the Frazee Paint book did not change.

So who was at fault? Did you really try with an open mind or just posting?
Well Exceeeeewwwwwws me..!
Is it just me, or do other people here also think nobody is at fault for not experiencing alleged friction and energy flows developing under their fingers?
Perhaps you could show us a more repeatable phenomenon that we can all agree is actually being felt, such as the force we feel when we hold a magnet near a piece of iron?
Could it be that nobody is to blame if an unsubstantiated force fails to materialize in a condition where most of the citizens of planet earth predict it will not exist?

As far as an open mind, yes, I emptied my mind of all thoughts while I was stroking on the surface of the book. This includes removing thoughts that it can't work or it can work. Then, after becoming acclimated to the feel of the surface I began to think of various things and watched to see if I could feel anything changing with the book cover. I put a number of thoughts in my mind, some were mental pictures, feelings, memories of events, etc. After about 20 minutes without noticing any change, I got the idea to think of the Mr. Don stories.
I am open to any other things you want me to have in my mind.
The shiny-cover book is still here...

Mr. Don said:
you posted --> Ok, Now I am thinking about Mr. Don's story of healing people with his paranormal
powers. I imagine energy flowing through the air.
and frankly why can't it? After all we are not solid, but a mass of various frequencies. Since all frequencies
create others through interactive harmonics ---???
Nobody said energy can't be flowing through the air.
In fact I am certain it is happening.
I can even measure it with instruments and show proof it is here in the air at many different frequencies.
However, this energy obeys the known laws of energy, and has never been demonstrated to violate a most basic law of the conservation of energy. It is theoretically feasible that a person could have some biological apparatus that can cause some unusual energy to move out from his body, similar to how other animals like fish that can send out significant electric voltage, or bats that send sizable sound waves out that we don't hear without using instruments. If a human was able to send out enough energy to cause the friction to change on the surface of a book, then we would be able to measure this energy, just as we can measure the electricity and sound that comes from eels and bats. If this energy is truly enough to cause a lateral resisting force on a moving finger, then there will certainly be enough energy to measure. We can easily measure this amount of force, and we can also measure the amount of energy flowing from a source that feeds the power to the force we can feel. For example, when we measure a solenoid apply a measured amount of force against an iron plunger rod to move it, we can measure the electrical energy traveling through the coil, which is about the same order of magnitude as the force energy that can be measured moving the iron plunger even after we lose some of the electricty due to inefficiency. We can measure much smaller amounts of energy in the movement of a microammeter, which delivers a force that is many orders of magnitude smaller than any resisting force we could feel against our finger. The same holds true for other forces, which are caused by energy flows. The alleged energy flowing in this stream will be in the same order of magnitude as the energy we can measure resisting a finger movement. But before we can measure either the alleged energy flow or the alleged resisting force, we mus first detect that the force and energy exist somewhere where we can measure them. Otherwise we are simply resigned to making anecdotal accounts of how we felt it and the flat scale proves it is real.

And guess what?
I don't see any convincing evidence that this energy has been measured with instruments by any leading university who can demonstrate it to be real. I only read anectotal accounts coming from experimenters who say they felt it. Thus it falls into the void of things people claim, but don't really ever demonstrate in a convincing way, along with out of body experiences, interplanetary travel in altered states of mind, divining answers to questions that were never asked, etc. It seems very real for the people who experience it, but does not exist for anyone else unless they also experience clear evidence that it is real.

A second item... All frequencies do not create all others through interactive harmonics.
Not all frequencies are not created in this manner. Only some frequencies are created in this manner.
This is fairly well known.

And a third item... it may be true that everything is made of frequencies. But not all people believe this.
From the debate between wave mechanics and particle theory, some scientists believe energy travels in particles rather than waves, and waves are precieved because of an illusion caused by physical conditions in the part of the universe where we are located. It was once theorized this illusion will disappear when we travel to other parts of the universe where we can see the true nature of energy. Since this isn't going to happen any time soon, it is another argument which is also unprovable, as there is no clear evidence to make a final convincing argument that either view is more correct than the other. They are simply two theories with their accompanying models that are useful in their respective applications.

But back to the mysterious "energy" and "force" you want us to learn to feel....
First, you haven't said anything about this energy except it comes as a result of thoughts in your mind, and it influences friction or drag where your fingers touch. This could mean any of a number of kinds of energy. And now we have a further clue comparing it to the retarding force from a magnet, rather than friction. It would be nice to know what kind of energy and force you are talking about. My guess is you don't know what kind of energy you are talking about that causes this alleged force.

And we have another clue where you said it is important to place the book on a scale to avoid the possibility that you begin pressing harder or softer on the book. This statement indicates you believe it is a force that retards your finger from moving laterally, but not from moving up and down. It is beginning to look like a directional force that follows classic vector mechanics.
So far, my attempt to feel this mysterious force by rubbing colors on my PC screen resulted in no force felt, which may be another clue.

And, of course there is the final clue where you post it is not your intention to use the power of suggestion to cause people to imagine they are feeling a force:
Mr. Don said:
...However that is not my intention, but to simply help you train yourself to realize that your body is fantastic. I want YOU to prove these things to yourself.....
Of course you want everyone to prove it to themselves...
Is this why you keep throwing out the same suggestions over and over again?
Don't salesmen and politicians continue to repeat the same suggestions when they want people to believe them, until people actually start to believe them even when there is observable evidence to the contrary?

Getting back to this mysterious force and energy.... any more clues coming before we perform more attempts to feel it?

Best wishes,
J_P

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California

RDT---

You would be better off suggesting your theory, rather than trying to hypnotize people online.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used

~J__P~
Yes he does..Is that not what Sceintist do?..Art

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California

aarthrj3811 said:
~J__P~

What's a "Sceintist"?

Oh, sorry. I shouldn't expect you to know that, since you don't even know how to use the quote feature or the Spell Checker.

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Don't be a doof---show the proof!
P.S. When will you man-up and take Carl's double-blind test, and collect the $25,000.00?
ref: Are LRLs More Than Just Dowsing?

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California

aarthrj3811 said:
~J__P~

~con-artie~
Befour I uced LRL, I cudent evun spel Sceintist, an now I are wun!

P.S. When will you man-up and take Carl's double-blind test, and collect the $25,000.00?

J__P

Jan 12, 2010

aarthrj3811 said:
~J__P~
Hi aarthrj3811,

Actually no,
Scientists are not so much concerned with what people prove to themselves. Scientists are engaged in activities to utilize the tools at their disposal to discover and test the nature of science. Their emphasis seems to be studying the sciences, rather than convincing people to prove things to themselves.

But if we look into the field of salesmanship, politics, propaganda, magic demonstrations, and stage hypnotist shows, we find that the need to convince others to prove things to themselves becomes important.

Here is an example how it could be important to a stage hypnotist who also wants to perform a magic illusion during his show:
Suppose the hypnotist begins his show as a magic show, where he recruits an audience member to lie in a box that he will push several swords through. But before he starts, he hypnotizes the volunteer and tells him he will feel the swords piercing through him, but without harming him. Then the show begins. Of course the swords are an illusion which do not really penetrate the volunteer's body. But the hypnotized volunteer watches the swords being pushed into the sides of the box he is in, and he experiences the feeling of swords piercing through him without harming him. Maybe the hypnotist asks him to attempt to climb out of the box, but he can't because he experiences how he is skewered by swords which hold him in place. Eventually the swords are pulled out, and blood is wiped off them through an illusion of red-dye pouches concealed in handkerchiefs. The volunteer is asked to feel the pain when he touches the sword wounds on his body to verify they are real. And then he is given a magic instant healing cloth to clean and heal the wounds, which he observes instantly cleaning all the blood off his clothes and instantly healing all the sword wounds on his body. Then he is permitted to get up out of the box to show the audience how he is now completely healed from all the sword wounds. Later conversations with the audience show that he is unwavering in his account of everything he saw and felt from those swords. Not a single person in the audience saw or felt the same things he did, but some are beginning to believe swords passed through him, after watching the demonstration on stage and listening to the anecdotal "eye witness" story told by volenteer. The volunteer proved it to himself when he felt the pain of the wounds, and some of the audience members proved it to themselves by asking the volunteer to verify exactly what happened inside that box.

In this example, the stage hypnotist never finally told the volunteer his senses were tricked by suggestions, so maybe he continues to believe he saw swords pass through him and amazing healing happen. Maybe some of the audience members also believe all this happened too. Now, can you imagine how this same kind of principle could also be important to a salesman who wanted to sell something to a lot of people? Or maybe to a politician who wanted a lot of people to believe something that would cause them to vote a certain way?

So there you have one example where getting others to prove something to themselves can be important to people in the fields of salesmanship, politics, propaganda, magic demonstrations, and stage hypnotist shows. Do you suppose this principle could also work through an internet forum experiment?

To answer your question, I don't recall scientists using this kind of trickery except when they show examples of illusions which help explain how certain things are preceived to be different than what they really are. In these cases, the scientists make it clear that it is an illusion. Maybe the reason why you thought scientists want people to do as Mr. Don suggested is you only read one sentence of that paragraph I wrote. If you read all four sentences, then it becomes clear that I was referring to Mr. Don's tendency to continue making the same suggestion over and over again like a salesman or a politician might, even when he says it is not his intention:

"And, of course there is the final clue where you post it is not your intention to use the power of suggestion to cause people to imagine they are feeling a force:
Mr. Don said:
...However that is not my intention, but to simply help you train yourself to realize that your body is fantastic. I want YOU to prove these things to yourself.....
Is this why you keep throwing out the same suggestions over and over again?
Don't salesmen and politicians continue to repeat the same suggestions when they want people to believe them, until people actually start to believe them even when there is observable evidence to the contrary"?

As you can see, this is not something that scientists generally do, but it is something that salesmen and politicians often do, as well as others in the business of promoting things.
I highly recommend you try the experiment that Mr. Don suggested to see if you can feel the reaction of "the force" and "the energy". Then you can join the folks who actually tried it instead of only talked about it. Please post your results here.

Best wishes,
J_P

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used

A scientist in a broad sense is one engaging in a systematic activity to acquire knowledge. In a more restricted sense, a scientist is an individual who uses the scientific method.[1] The person may be an expert in one or more areas of science.[2] This article focuses on the more restricted use of the word. Scientists perform research toward a more comprehensive understanding of nature, including physical, mathematical and social realms.

J__P

Jan 12, 2010

aarthrj3811 said:
A scientist in a broad sense is one engaging in a systematic activity to acquire knowledge. In a more restricted sense, a scientist is an individual who uses the scientific method.[1] The person may be an expert in one or more areas of science.[2] This article focuses on the more restricted use of the word. Scientists perform research toward a more comprehensive understanding of nature, including physical, mathematical and social realms.
This is exactly right aarthrj3811,
They engage in activities of acquiring knowledge and performing research toward a better understanding of the fields that are listed in the undisclosed web page where you copied your from text from.
They don't generally engage in activities of getting others to prove things to themselves like hypnotists, magicians, politicians, propagandists and salesmen do.
We have pretty much established this without needing further references to show it is true.

Does your text source have some new information that has something to do with this thread?
Did you have a chance to try Mr. Don's experiment and post your results here yet?

Best wishes,
J_P

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70

EE THr said:
aarthrj3811 said:
~J__P~

What's a "Sceintist"?

Oh, sorry. I shouldn't expect you to know that, since you don't even know how to use the quote feature or the Spell Checker.

That's a #39 on your list. See? It's easily interchangeable. And heck....we're just getting started!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread